What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Adult Historical Romance. He mistakes her for friend’s mistress when they get snowed in.

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gina (last edited Jun 19, 2018 11:34AM) (new)

Gina | 2 comments He is a known womanizer, meets her when he seeks shelter at a friend’s house, but the friend isn’t home. She is a childhood(?) friend of the friend, but he mistakes her for the mistress. They get snowed in for a few days. He then starts pursuing her. She lives nearby, think she is trying to manage her father’s horse farm.

I read this a few years ago, I think as an e-book but no idea when it was written. Thanks!

message 2: by Shelia (new)

Shelia Williams | 766 comments Following. Sounds very interesting

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36637 comments Mod
Gina, what's the time period and location (country, region)?

He mistakes her for the mistress of the house or a past mistress of his (or both)? Who else lives at the house/farm?

Can you tell us more about the main characters - rich/poor, job/skills/interests, family/friends, etc.?

message 4: by Gina (new)

Gina | 2 comments Hi, sorry, was traveling and didn’t check this. Book is set in England, outside of London, though the characters travel to London.

He mistakes her for his friend’s mistress while at his friend’s house, if I remember correctly. She has known the friend a long time (friend of the family, she is watching the house?) but the friend is not at the house when the hero seeks shelter.

She’s the daughter of an aristocrat with an interest in horse breeding, and he’s an aristocrat if higher rank. She loves one horse in particular who gets hurt, but the hero saves him. Their relationship is quite adversarial in the beginning.

Sorry I cannot remember more. It has been a while since I read it. Thanks for any ideas.

Kris wrote: "Gina, what's the time period and location (country, region)?

He mistakes her for the mistress of the house or a past mistress of his (or both)? Who else lives at the house/farm?

Can you tell us m..."

message 5: by Jen Ev Eve (new)

Jen Ev Eve | 106 comments Bump. OP hasn't been active in a while, but I'm hoping someone recognizes this

message 6: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36637 comments Mod
Note: Gina (OP) was last active on the site in September 2018.