Goodreads Choice Awards Book Club discussion

Archive - Buddy Reads 2018 > Middle Grade & Children's - July 2018

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 6195 comments Mod
The group voted to read the Middle Grade & Children's nominee, Beauty and the Beast: Lost in a Book, in July. The winner for this genre was The Ship of the Dead. Have you read any of the other nominees for this award? Which have you read and what did you think? Which was your favorite?

Do you plan to read any of them in the future? How about setting up a buddy read of one that you are interested in this month? Use this thread to discuss and find a buddy!

Schedule buddy reads here, then set up a separate thread to discuss.

message 3: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 6195 comments Mod
I haven't read any of these books yet. I may eventually get around to The Ship of the Dead, but I still haven't started the series. (It starts with The Sword of Summer.)

I'm not sure if I'll pick up the other Riordan series, The Dark Prophecy (starting with The Hidden Oracle). I feel like he has so many similar series. The writing is good, but I just don't want to get bogged down with too many similar middle grade series. We'll see. I suppose if one of the kids / grandkid wants to read them, I may end up reading them all. Who knows?

I may also check out The Goldfish Boy. It sounds interesting and I've seen good reviews.

message 4: by Bub (new)

Bub | 49 comments I'm going to read Goldfish Boy. I don't know how this buddy read works, but there you go.

message 5: by Vicki Willis (last edited Jul 12, 2018 04:09AM) (new)

Vicki Willis | 891 comments @Bub
I am interested in The Goldfish Boy, but need to request it from the library. When were you thinking of starting?