Play Book Tag discussion

Archive: Other Books > Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff - 5 Stars

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tara (last edited Jun 19, 2018 12:27AM) (new)

Tara (taraash) | 25 comments Illuminae (The Illuminae Files, #1) by Amie Kaufman
Wow. Just wow. I really wasn't expecting to love this book as much as I did. Sci-fi isn't really a genre I gravitate towards. I just can't ever manage to stay invested in the plot, but that’s not the case with this story. llluminae has a really interesting format. It isn't told through typical prose, instead it’s a collection of intercepted emails, DMs, and transcribed security footage. It was really cool. I listened to the audiobook and I can't recommend it enough. It felt less like an audiobook and more like a radio show, it was an all out production and it was phenomenal. The story kept me on my toes the whole time and I really loved all the characters, especially Ezra. Ezra was easily the best part of the book, he was so funny and interesting. I immediately had to get the next two books in the series, Gemina and Obsidio, and I can't wait to read them.

Spoilers Ahead!
I was so relieved when you find out Ezra is still alive, like omg. I really thought he was dead. I felt so betrayed finding out it had been ADEIN talking to Kady the whole time. ALSO McNulty omg I loved him so much. I wish there would have been more chats between him and Ezra and even though not much time was spent with McNulty I think those last few moments of his life that Kady sees are pretty telling. And when Lieutenant McCall said "He'd have made a good dad, McNulty." I could audibly hear my heart breaking because she was talking in the past tense, and I knew what that ment.

I highly recomend the audiobook for this one, I cant stress that enough. Just maybe don't listen to it in public because I got quite a few strange looks from my family when all of a sudden I burst out laughing, or all of a sudden I froze and audibly gasped while making lunch lmao

message 2: by KateNZ (new)

KateNZ | 2666 comments Yay, another fan! Isn’t it a cool book?!

message 3: by Tara (new)

Tara (taraash) | 25 comments It’s so cool! I’m really interested to see where it goes in the next book. Also it was so much fun reading sci-fi. It’s different from what I’d usually pick up and I think I’ll have to read some more in the future and that’s very exciting.

message 4: by Susie (new)

Susie | 4488 comments Such a great series! The next two are just as good.