Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > Fool's Fate [Aug 5, 2018]

Comments Showing 1-50 of 54 (54 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new)

Jenna Kathleen (jennakathleen) | 4608 comments Mod
August 5th.

message 2: by Ctgt (new)

Ctgt | 134 comments Ugh, just remembered I committed to Anna Karenina starting today so I probably won't start this until next week. You folks still in?

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3910 comments I'm still in. Been doing the Kate Daniels reread so much be late in starting this. I can start whenever you're ready.

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2386 comments I am also reading AK but probably will only adore my paperback, and smell it's pages today. Will start next week only. 😋

Am starting this today. One chapter a day for now.

message 5: by Ctgt (new)

Ctgt | 134 comments We have company coming in this weekend so I won't get much done but should hopefully be ready by the middle of next week.

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3910 comments Manju wrote: "I am also reading AK but probably will only adore my paperback, and smell it's pages today. Will start next week only. 😋

Am starting this today. One chapter a day for now."

I can try to do a couple chapters a day to keep up with you.

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2386 comments Only one will do. 😊

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3910 comments I don't think I'm capable of reading one chapter at a time 😋

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2386 comments okay then. but i will stick to one chapter a day for now. :D

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3910 comments Manju, how far are you in this one? I want to finally start tonight. I'll probably get through a few chapters.

message 11: by Em Lost In Books (new)

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2386 comments Three chapters done. And it's packing, last minute meetings, and heartaches... Hobb does everything on a grand level.

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3910 comments I forgot how long the chapters were. I'm about 10% through. I'm going to do a couple chapters a day like you. This book is too massive to do all at once I think. I'll break it up with lighter stuff.

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3910 comments I'm about 30%. The book is killing me. This mystery of what Eliania's true intentions are has me all confused. What's her end game here. How far are you Manju?

message 14: by Em Lost In Books (new)

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2386 comments @ Diana - I am in Chapter 17, Icefyre. Around 45% (view spoiler)

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3910 comments Manju wrote: "@ Diana - I am in Chapter 17, Icefyre. Around 45% I have no idea what Elliania has in her mind. i think she is cursed with that dragon on her back. that brings me to how she was able to hide that d..."

But (view spoiler)

I'm about 52% (view spoiler)

message 16: by Em Lost In Books (new)

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2386 comments useless dress. >_<

will open that spoiler once i reach 52%.:)

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3910 comments Yes, def don't open it now. :-)

message 18: by Em Lost In Books (last edited Aug 10, 2018 09:12AM) (new)

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2386 comments okay i couldn't resist and opened that spoiler. (view spoiler)

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3910 comments Manju wrote: "okay i couldn't resist and opened that spoiler. [spoilers removed]"

I do. I think it was very intentional.

message 20: by Ctgt (new)

Ctgt | 134 comments Just getting started tonight.....

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3910 comments I'm at 64%. Omg this book is killing me. So many emotions. I love and hate the things this book is making me feel. I mean, I hate the feelings, but I love that a book is affecting me that way.

message 22: by Diana Stormblessed (last edited Aug 12, 2018 08:30PM) (new)

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3910 comments 70% I should be sleeping but I can't put my book down.

(view spoiler)

message 23: by Em Lost In Books (new)

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2386 comments Diana Stormblessed wrote: "70% I should be sleeping but I can't put my book down.

[spoilers removed]"

Same place.(view spoiler)

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3910 comments I agree. (view spoiler)

I put it aside to start another buddy read I'm late to but I'll be picking it back up tonight.

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3910 comments 75% (view spoiler)

message 26: by Diana Stormblessed (last edited Aug 14, 2018 08:06PM) (new)

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3910 comments I'm done. This is my favorite of the series so far. And this sub series is my favorite series from the world so far.

message 27: by Em Lost In Books (new)

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2386 comments Diana Stormblessed wrote: "75% [spoilers removed]"

This book was full of these moments.

I finished and (view spoiler)

This was definitely better than first trilogy. I will start LivShip trader later this month.

What are we reading next? Fool's Assassin? Or rainwild?

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3910 comments Which one is next on the order? I'm anal about reading books in order. But I'm going to need a little break. This is one of those books that leaves a hole in your heart. I need time to recover.

message 29: by Anni (new)

Anni | 5048 comments Diana Stormblessed wrote: "I'm done. This is my favorite of the series so far. And this sub series is my favorite series from the world so far."

It's mine too :)
(Finally I can't resist to answer and reveal myself as thread-stalker 😅)

Next book in reading order would be The Dragon Keeper (Rainwild) and it continues with the Storyline of the Live Ship Traders (with other characters tho'), so it's best to read these books first Manju ;)

I think Dragon Keeper takes place around the same time as Fool's Fate

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3910 comments I remember Petrik complaining that Rainwilds was his least favorite series in the saga. So I'm a little less than excited to start that one...

message 31: by Em Lost In Books (new)

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2386 comments Does Rainwild has Fitz as MC? If not then I will join you guys for Fitz and fool whenever you decide to read it.:)

message 32: by Em Lost In Books (last edited Aug 15, 2018 07:37AM) (new)

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2386 comments I will skip Rainwild.

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3910 comments Manju wrote: "I will skip Rainwild."

I caaaaannn't skip it. I just physically can't. My psychology makes me read all books in order. I'll try to speed through it and will let you know when I'm ready for the final series.

message 34: by Em Lost In Books (new)

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2386 comments Okay then. I will read LivShip and you Rainwild. Three months later we will read Fitz and Fool.😊

I don't feel any guilt or sadness while skipping books.🤫

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3910 comments Sounds like a plan! I actually liked Liveship a lot, so I hope you do, too.

message 36: by Ctgt (last edited Aug 16, 2018 04:11PM) (new)

Ctgt | 134 comments So sorry I haven't been around......about halfway through and I jotted some notes.

Chapter 3
(view spoiler)

Chapter 10
Please excuse my spelling...I'm listening to the audio so I'm guessing
(view spoiler)

Chapter 13

(view spoiler)

Chapter 14

(view spoiler)

Chapter 15

(view spoiler)

message 37: by Ctgt (new)

Ctgt | 134 comments Finished chapter 26

Chapter 21

(view spoiler)

Chapter 22

(view spoiler)

Chapter 23

(view spoiler)

message 38: by Ctgt (new)

Ctgt | 134 comments Finished up yesterday. What a great conclusion to the trilogy!

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3910 comments I'm so glad I'm reading them now though and not when they came out. I would have been so sad if I thought that was the end of the series. I'm so glad the story continues and I don't have to permanently say goodbye.

message 40: by Ctgt (new)

Ctgt | 134 comments So true. I probably would have gone crazy waiting for the next volume to drop.

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3910 comments i think at the time this was supposed to be the end. I would have cried if this were the end.

message 42: by Ctgt (new)

Ctgt | 134 comments I decided to continue the Elderling series and started The Dragon Keeper.

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3910 comments Yay! Do you want to ask for a thread to be set up? I'll read with you.

message 44: by Ctgt (new)

Ctgt | 134 comments Sure. When will you be ready?

message 45: by Em Lost In Books (new)

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2386 comments I will join. One of my friend is should read it before starting the final trilogy...

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3910 comments Can we do end of September? My september is already jam packed so I might need some time to catch up.

message 47: by Ctgt (new)

Ctgt | 134 comments Ok I'll have the mods add it for the end of the month.

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3910 comments Was The Dragon Keeper ever added? Since it's long I'm going to try to start it today or tomorrow and go one chapter or so a day. I don't see a thread for it though. Should I ask for one or am I just blind and totally missing an existing one?

message 49: by Ctgt (new)

Ctgt | 134 comments I did put the request in late yesterday. Guess they haven't got to it yet.

message 50: by Ctgt (new)

Ctgt | 134 comments Just checked and they have not responded yet.....I may have broken the thread :o

« previous 1