a true crime book club. discussion

Off Topic Discussion > Tome Topple Readathon (June 29 - July 12)

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (last edited Jun 27, 2018 04:50PM) (new)

Michelle (la_medusa) This readathon (focuing on books over 500 pages), will coincidentally be coinciding with Peter's Book Club reading a couple tomes (Chances and Lucky).

I'm going to participate. Just thought I'd let others know, in case they want to too.

Might as well, since we'll be reading tomes anyway, right?

Optional Challenges during the Readathon:
1. Read more than 1 tome
2. Read a graphic novel over 500 pages
3. Read a tome that is part of a series
4. Buddy read a tome
5. Read an adult novel

Most of those challenges, Chances & Lucky automatically fall into: (series tome, adult novel tome, buddy-read tome, more than 1 tome).

Here's the links:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Tome_Topple
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eECv8...

message 2: by Sandy (new)

Sandy Mcneal | 22 comments I watched her you tube video earlier and am excited to participate this year.

message 3: by Michelle (last edited Jun 18, 2018 08:10PM) (new)

Michelle (la_medusa) I would kind of like to read Stephen King's self-proclaimed "worst book," The Tommyknockers. But at 992 pages, I'm not sure I'll have time.

For the 500-page graphic novel, I'm going to read Orange: The Complete Collection, Volume 2. I don't know if I necessarily recommend this series to others though, since I personally cannot stand the protagonist. (Volume 1 is also over 500 pages.) But it is cute, a decent story, and some people might have more patience with Naho than I do. It will also count as a tome that's part of a series.

I do know that Peter was reading Volume 1, so people with similar taste to him might like it.

I'm not even really a graphic novel/manga person, but I've been reading them lately for some reason.

LittleDeadRedGoddessPersephone | 30 comments I would do this but I am doing the Retellathon that Common Spence & other booktubers are putting on from July 8 through the 15th. I will do the next readathon for sure!

message 5: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (la_medusa) Since I'm not vibing with Jackie Collins, I think I'm gonna try to read East of Eden and The Goldfinch. Plus the graphic novel.

Holy god. Starts tomorrow night (Friday at 12:00 a.m.) And I'm completely terrified. :D

message 6: by Mom2triplets04 (new)

Mom2triplets04 | 38 comments I'm already in middle of 3 tome's (I tend to take months to read Tome books)

1. Breaking Dawn (yup never finished it) on page 520
2. Pillars of the Earth on page 231
3. Outsider on page 103

Will try to start Chances since I never read it and own the book.