What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

What I Did for a Duke (Pennyroyal Green, #5)
This topic is about What I Did for a Duke
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Historical Romance: Young noble woman believes she's in love with her childhood friend, but when he professed love for their mutual friend she's heartbroken. The same day a Duke arrives at her family's house party determined to find a bride. [s]

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lizann (new)

Lizann Hooper | 2 comments I cannot for the life of me remember the author name or title of a book that i absolutely loved and want to reread. It opens with a young noble lady being head over heels for her childhood friend who happens to be a young lord in line for a baronency but it turns out that when she thinks he is going to finally propose he confesses love for their mutual friend. She is obviously heartbroken but is very stoic about it. While all of this is happening her family is throwing a hiuse party in their country manor and a Duke attends. I cannot remember names but it is a historical romance. The Duke is a little older and during this house party he and this young woman become friends and they are sarcastic back and forth and joke with each other. At some time during the plot the young lord changes his mind and wants the young woman but the Duke doesnt believe that she could love him. I think he also at one point won a nearby country estate for her with Rose in the name, from the very lord that she believes she is in love with. I cant remember much more than that but i absolutely love this book and its driving me crazy not knowing the title or author. Please help! I read the book about 2 or 3 years ago. I got the book from my mom and i wanna say it was a 90s publication! Thank you!!

message 2: by Joyce (new)

Joyce Ann | 161 comments What I Did For a Duke :)
The Duke actually lost the estate, intentionally, so the other dude can propose to the heroine. I think it's so he could be sure that if the h ever came to him, it's because she actually loved him and not because the other dude (who's, for me, a wimp hahhahaha, he did propose to the friend just so he could see how the h would react) can't propose to her. The other dude's issue was that he's beneath the h and he can't offer her anything.

message 3: by Lizann (new)

Lizann Hooper | 2 comments I looked at this book several times today and I had myself convinced that it wasnt it!! Thank you thank you!!!!