YA Bookaholics discussion

The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1)
This topic is about The Lightning Thief
Archives > The Lightning Thief

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica , Proud Bookaholic (new)

Jessica  (stuckinotherworlds) | 858 comments Mod
Percy Jackson is about to be kicked out of boarding school... again. And that's the least of his troubles. Lately, mythological monsters and the gods of Mount Olympus seem to be walking straight out of the pages of Percy's Greek mythology textbook and into his life. And worse, he's angered a few of them. Zeus' master lightning bolt has been stolen, and Percy is the prime suspect.

Now Percy and his friends have just ten days to find and return Zeus' stolen property and bring peace to a warring Mount Olympus. But to succeed on his quest, Percy will have to do more than catch the true thief: he must come to terms with the father who abandoned him; solve the riddle of the Oracle, which warns him of betrayal by a friend; and unravel a treachery more powerful than the gods themselves.

Katie | 28 comments Hey guys! I loved this book!

message 3: by Jessica , Proud Bookaholic (new)

Did you think the movie was better?

Katie | 28 comments Nope! The movie had a lot of scenes that weren't in the book, and left out a lot of important scenes from the book. Although I think the Sea of Monsters movie was a lot better!

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Nope. The book is more better.

message 6: by Jessica , Proud Bookaholic (new)

I loved the sea of monsters too :P

Sabreen | 6 comments This was a pretty good book. I think it lives up to the hype.

message 8: by Jessica , Proud Bookaholic (new)

Grrr I really need to read it!

Nikki Sojkowski (nikkisoj) Chocolatethunda wrote: "Did you think the movie was better?"

Honestly I think the movie is a disgrace to the Percy Jackson franchise...

Caitie (demonkingreborn) | 28 comments Mod
I think that the movies would have been fantastic..if I hadn't have read the books first. It just strayed so far away from the plots in the books, especially that second movie, that it was hard for someone who loved the books to really get engaged with the movie

Nikki Sojkowski (nikkisoj) Caitie wrote: "I think that the movies would have been fantastic..if I hadn't have read the books first. It just strayed so far away from the plots in the books, especially that second movie, that it was hard for..."

I can agree with that, if I hadn't read the books I probably would have really enjoyed the movies. They just strayed too far from the original plot to call it. Percy Jackson.

Heather (cagalli1543) I personally do not like the Percy Jackson books. I've read the first three and I just have not enjoyed them. I think the movies are better, because they do not follow the actual books.