What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Paranormal romance series. Group protects humans from the paranormal. Shifters and angel. Specific book: male wolf shifter, his mate is a female human(?), they live on a compound.

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tracie (last edited Jun 18, 2018 05:47PM) (new)

Tracie Simister (traciesimister) | 53 comments This is actually a series of books the basics of it are they are a group who protects humans from the paranormal. there are shifters and one character is an angel

in the book I am looking for he is a wolf shifter she I believe is human. she is his mate. when she leaves start to die and she comes back and saves him by mating with him. One scene i remember well is after they mare she is a shifter as well and she shifts in their room. They all live on a compound any ideas?

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36637 comments Mod
Tracie, around what year did you this book series?

I added plot details to the topic header. Feel free to update it using the small "edit" link on the desktop website (not the mobile app).

Tips for posting a book request: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 3: by Tracie (new)

Tracie Simister (traciesimister) | 53 comments i read this one about 2 years ago

message 5: by Froggirl (new)

Froggirl | 24 comments This is a big stretch bc I think he is a vampire- but the live on a compound. Vampire Mine by kerrelyn sparks

message 6: by Julia (new)

Julia | 21 comments could you be thinking of the dark hunter series by Sherrilyn Kenyon? iirc, the guy who organizes all the hunters is named Archeron and he might be an angel.

there is at least one about a werewolf:
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/8...

message 7: by Christie (new)

Christie | 7 comments It sounds like it might be Kelley Armstrong’s Otherworld series. The first book is called Bitten.

message 8: by Amy*skye.rhyme (last edited Sep 06, 2018 09:49PM) (new)

Amy*skye.rhyme | 184 comments Tracie wrote: "This is actually a series of books the basics of it are they are a group who protects humans from the paranormal. there are shifters and one character is an angel

in the book I am looking for he i..."

I have 2 ideas for a series that might match. They are: Primal Law (The Alpha Pack) series by J.D. Tyler? Primal Law (Alpha Pack #1) by J.D. Tyler
or Skye's Trail (The Angelini series Book 1) by Jory Strong. Skye's Trail (The Angelini, #1) by Jory Strong

Both of these series are about protectors and paranormals that live in a "compound".

Are you thinking perhaps of the Alpha Pack series by J.D. Tyler? They are a wolf pack that are also a shifter spec ops team of former Navy SEAL's that live on a compound. The first book is "Primal Law" and it's about Jaxon (wolf) & Kira, his human mate that he just rescued and brings back to their compound where they have a variety of fantastical creatures and problematic species they've saved and are trying to rehabilitate. One of these "residents" is a giant Blue guy with wings, who is either an Angel or a Fae prince, I can't remember, but he's one of my favorite supporting characters from any pnr or uf book. I loved him and this other cute, but vicious little monster that Kira names Chup-Chup !!! Books 1 & 3 are the best. The 3rd book called "Black Moon" features a really powerful and deliciously goth necromancer/sorcerer/panther shifter that the team finds in a graveyard, randomly raising dead guys for a few minutes each to ask them questions about a murder he wants to solve. His name's Kalen Black and he ends up with the female doctor of the compound. Of note is also a great male-male mated pair in the book "Phoenix Reborn". One of the hero's is a rare wolf shifter, who's also a Phoenix who can be reborn in flames. Anyway, whether this is what you were thinking of or not, it's a cool series that I totally recommend !!

Primal Law (Alpha Pack #1) by J.D. Tyler Black Moon (Alpha Pack, #3) by J.D. Tyler Phoenix Reborn (Alpha Pack, #7.5) by J.D. Tyler

Skye's Trail (The Angelini, #1) by Jory Strong
I can think of one other series that might be a match: It's the Angelini series by Jory Strong. They live on a compound and there are vamps, shifters, and Angelini, an enhanced type of human that are psychic trackers and assassins that hunt rogues.

message 9: by Amy*skye.rhyme (last edited Sep 12, 2018 03:03PM) (new)

Amy*skye.rhyme | 184 comments Tracie wrote: "This is actually a series of books the basics of it are they are a group who protects humans from the paranormal. there are shifters and one character is an angel

in the book I am looking for he i..."

Does it sound like Primal Law Primal Law (Alpha Pack #1) by J.D. Tyler is your book? I know my comments veered off slightly from what details you mentioned, but that's because I'm trying to give as many additional reference points as I can. Primal Law DOES have Jaxon almost dying while she's trying to figure out if she wants to be his mate. The Doctor of the compound has to give him infusions of her blood to save his life. Kira does become a wolf, and I think there is a scene where she shifts in his room at the compound.

P.S. Blue and Chup-Chup are still the BEST!

message 10: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40688 comments Mod
Tracie, are you still looking or was this found?