Rated YA-MA discussion

Archive > August On-Deck

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stacia (the 2010 club), groupaholic (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) | 5139 comments What's on your list of potential reads for the month?

message 2: by Christie (new)

Christie (cereale) Current reads
The Queen of the Tearling (The Queen of the Tearling, #1) by Erika Johansen Days of Blood & Starlight (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #2) by Laini Taylor

Challenge reads
After by Amy Efaw The Name of the Star (Shades of London, #1) by Maureen Johnson

New Releases
Soldier Girls The Battles of Three Women at Home and at War by Helen Thorpe Working Stiff Two Years, 262 Bodies, and the Making of a Medical Examiner by Judy Melinek

Others
William Shakespeare's The Jedi Doth Return by Ian Doescher The Boleyn Reckoning (The Boleyn Trilogy, #3) by Laura Andersen The Story of Beautiful Girl by Rachel Simon The First Princess of Wales by Karen Harper

message 3: by Angie (new)

Angie (pinkindle) | 828 comments Read: Suddenly Beautiful by Boone Brux

Current: Blood, Smoke and Mirrors (Bad Witch #1) by Robyn Bachar

Plan: Chasing Stars (After Eden, #2) by Helen Douglas The Scorch Trials (Maze Runner, #2) by James Dashner The Death Cure (Maze Runner, #3) by James Dashner Faking Normal by Courtney C. Stevens Maybe One Day by Melissa Kantor Carnival for the Dead by David Hewson Slave to Sensation (Psy-Changeling, #1) by Nalini Singh Tempting Her Reluctant Viscount by Catherine Hemmerling Falling For The Pirate (Men Of Fortune, #2) by Amber Lin Impact (The Dean Curse Chronicles, #3) by Steven Whibley The Possibility of Us by Lisa Burstein

message 4: by Claudia the Night Owl (last edited Aug 02, 2014 05:17PM) (new)

Claudia the Night Owl (claudiamancilla) | 12 comments I'm bad at predetermining my reads but here are some i'm pretty sure i'll be reading this month:
The Last Thing He Needs by J.H. Knight The Blinding Light by Renae Kaye Home the Hard Way by Z.A. Maxfield Chaser (Chaser, #1) by Rick R. Reed So Far Gone by Avril Ashton Dark Skye (Immortals After Dark, #14) by Kresley Cole

message 5: by Kdbrand (last edited Aug 02, 2014 01:17PM) (new)

Kdbrand | 353 comments It's back to school month, so I have to keep this list short.

Necromancing the Stone (Necromancer, #2) by Lish McBride Ruin and Rising (The Grisha, #3) by Leigh Bardugo Rebel Belle (Rebel Belle, #1) by Rachel Hawkins The False Prince (The Ascendance Trilogy, #1) by Jennifer A. Nielsen The Sandman, Vol. 1 Preludes and Nocturnes (The Sandman #1) by Neil Gaiman Game (Jasper Dent #2) by Barry Lyga

message 6: by Kristina (new)

Kristina | 54 comments Finish Dorothy Must Die (Dorothy Must Die, #1) by Danielle Paige and Why We Broke Up by Daniel Handler

Read what everyone else has Divergent (Divergent, #1) by Veronica Roth Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) by Richelle Mead

message 7: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 04, 2014 12:51AM) (new)

Hopefully I can get to Moon Called (Mercy Thompson, #1) by Patricia Briggs Dreams of Gods & Monsters (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #3) by Laini Taylor Ruin and Rising (The Grisha, #3) by Leigh Bardugo Dorothy Must Die (Dorothy Must Die, #1) by Danielle Paige InterWorld (Interworld, #1) by Neil Gaiman Iced (Dani O'Malley, #1; Fever, #6) by Karen Marie Moning Going Bovine by Libba Bray but uni has started up again

Finished
Moon Called (Mercy Thompson, #1) by Patricia Briggs

message 8: by Barb (last edited Aug 04, 2014 04:11AM) (new)

Barb | 123 comments Hoping to get through the library books, and at least one new release--

Hollow City (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children, #2) by Ransom Riggs If I Stay (If I Stay, #1) by Gayle Forman Strange and Ever After (Something Strange and Deadly, #3) by Susan Dennard

That may be ambitious for me with all we have going on this month.

message 9: by Wendy F (last edited Aug 04, 2014 03:54PM) (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 2731 comments I'm sooooo bad at reading today.

I honestly am not even thinking of challenges or anything, I'm just trying to catch up. (I'm officially 16 books behind schedule! I don't think I've ever been that far off!)

So, for me, my goals this month are to finish Written in My Own Heart's Blood (Outlander, #8) by Diana Gabaldon , and to tackle the following books that have been backing up that I'm eager for.

Magic Breaks (Kate Daniels, #7) by Ilona Andrews City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments, #6) by Cassandra Clare The House of Hades (The Heroes of Olympus, #4) by Rick Riordan The Final Descent (The Monstrumologist #4) by Rick Yancey Sunrise (Ashfall, #3) by Mike Mullin Lay It Down (Desert Dogs, #1) by Cara McKenna Silver Shadows (Bloodlines, #5) by Richelle Mead The Thousand-Dollar Tan Line (Veronica Mars, #1) by Rob Thomas Shattered (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #7) by Kevin Hearne The Girl with All the Gifts by M.R. Carey Landline by Rainbow Rowell

There are others, but I'm not staring at my bookshelf right now. I know I won't get to them all this month, but I'm going to try hardest to get as many as possible.

message 11: by Stacia (the 2010 club), groupaholic (last edited Aug 04, 2014 10:55AM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) | 5139 comments Wendy F wrote: "I'm sooooo bad at reading today.

I honestly am not even thinking of challenges or anything, I'm just trying to catch up. (I'm officially 16 books behind schedule! I don't think I've ever been th..."

I think I've read a grand total of 3 or 4 books over the past few months (and I haven't slowed down on reading for over 4 years, so it is CRAZY to me how I dropped off like this), and I'm still 3 books ahead of schedule. Weird. I must have been reading non-stop before I went into my book slump.

message 12: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 2731 comments I feel terrible about it. I hate being that behind.

message 13: by R.A. (new)

R.A. Desilets | 375 comments I'm only two books behind, and with a small goal (one book a week average), I feel... awful about that too. Trying to get back on track.

For the challenge (I honestly probably won't get to other books outside of the challenge):
Invincible (Chronicles of Nick, #2) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Ruin and Rising (The Grisha, #3) by Leigh Bardugo Ashen Winter (Ashfall, #2) by Mike Mullin Gone (Gone, #1) by Michael Grant

message 14: by Isamlq (new)

Isamlq | 612 comments I've got: Virgin by Radhika Sanghani Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover The Camelot Series 4-Book Bundle How to Misbehave, Along Came Trouble, Flirting with Disaster, Making It Last by Ruthie Knox Silver Shadows (Bloodlines, #5) by Richelle Mead

message 15: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 867 comments I've just been stockpiling a few books for holidays: The Piper's Son by Melina Marchetta Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell A Week to Be Wicked (Spindle Cove, #2) by Tessa Dare How to Kill a Rock Star by Tiffanie DeBartolo
Have already read : Saving Francesca by Melina Marchetta One Good Earl Deserves a Lover (The Rules of Scoundrels, #2) by Sarah MacLean and gave up with The Black Prism (Lightbringer, #1) by Brent Weeks

message 16: by Isamlq (last edited Sep 03, 2014 11:09PM) (new)

Isamlq | 612 comments I did Silver Shadows (Bloodlines, #5) by Richelle Mead How to Misbehave (Camelot, #1) by Ruthie Knox Along Came Trouble (Camelot, #2) by Ruthie Knox Flirting with Disaster (Camelot, #3) by Ruthie Knox Making It Last (Camelot, #4) by Ruthie Knox Virgin by Radhika Sanghani Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover Open Road Summer by Emery Lord Falling into Place by Amy Zhang The Chapel Wars by Lindsey Leavitt No Place to Fall by Jaye Robin Brown In Deep by Terra Elan McVoy Famous in Love by Rebecca Serle Poisoned Apples Poems for You, My Pretty by Christine Heppermann Rites of Passage by Joy N. Hensley Sacrifice (Elemental, #5) by Brigid Kemmerer Dangerous Boys by Abigail Haas Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard (Don't You) Forget About Me by Kate Karyus Quinn Burying Water by K.A. Tucker Talon (Talon, #1) by Julie Kagawa The Iron Duke (Iron Seas, #1) by Meljean Brook Heart of Steel (Iron Seas, #2) by Meljean Brook Riveted (Iron Seas, #3) by Meljean Brook Trial by Fire (Worldwalker, #1) by Josephine Angelini

I absolutely LOVED the last four!...the rest were so-so

message 17: by [deleted user] (last edited Sep 04, 2014 04:44AM) (new)

how good is the Iron Duke series!!

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

didnt get as much this month
Dorothy Must Die (Dorothy Must Die, #1) by Danielle Paige Shadowfever (Fever, #5) by Karen Marie Moning Moon Called (Mercy Thompson, #1) by Patricia Briggs Bloody Bones (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #5) by Laurell K. Hamilton The Killing Dance (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #6) by Laurell K. Hamilton Life in Outer Space by Melissa Keil Nightshifted (Edie Spence, #1) by Cassie Alexander Take Me On (Pushing the Limits, #4) by Katie McGarry

liked most of them
loved Dorothy Must Die (Dorothy Must Die, #1) by Danielle Paige Shadowfever (Fever, #5) by Karen Marie Moning Moon Called (Mercy Thompson, #1) by Patricia Briggs Life in Outer Space by Melissa Keil

message 19: by Stacia (the 2010 club), groupaholic (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) | 5139 comments Melanie wrote: "how good is the Iron Duke series!!"

I have been meaning to read this series for so long. If Isa is liking it, I know I probably will too. :)

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) wrote: "Melanie wrote: "how good is the Iron Duke series!!"

I have been meaning to read this series for so long. If Isa is liking it, I know I probably will too. :)"

they are just so much fun! And oh so addictive

message 21: by Kristina (new)

Kristina | 54 comments Kristina wrote: "Finish Dorothy Must Die (Dorothy Must Die, #1) by Danielle Paige and Why We Broke Up by Daniel Handler

Read what everyone else has Divergent (Divergent, #1) by Veronica Roth Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) by Richelle Mead"

What I actually read... What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen Dairy Queen (Dairy Queen, #1) by Catherine Gilbert Murdock Why We Broke Up by Daniel Handler Two Boys Kissing by David Levithan Feed by M.T. Anderson