What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Hornet's Nest
This topic is about The Hornet's Nest
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA historical fiction. She displays her hatred for the English calling them sassenach. Sent to Virginia. At the end she takes ship back to Scotland to help raise rebellion against the British. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stan (last edited Jun 18, 2018 05:45PM) (new)

Stan | 5 comments She displays her hatred for the English calling them sassenach. eventually gets sent to Virginia. She goes to school there and doesnt do well in most subjects except she speaks french like a parisian, better than the tutor. She gets arrested by the Governor(I think) and rescued by a local friend. At the end she takes ship back to Scotland to help raise rebellion against the British. She does learn to not lump all the english together and I think starts to like one of the local boys. i read this book circa 1995-2000 at the Brownwood public library in texas

Kelly (khek) | 270 comments It sounds like one of my favorites--The Hornet's Nest, by Sally Watson.

If it is this one, there are a few other titles with characters in the family tree. I loved Sally Watson's books, and I don't know why they weren't as well known as they should have been!

Kate Farrell | 4069 comments Mod
The Hornet's Nest by Sally Watson for the link to Kelly's suggestion.

I also agree that this sounds like your book. I also enjoyed Watson's books and the links on the family tree.

message 4: by Stan (new)

Stan | 5 comments yep thats the one, I recognize the character names, now that i see them. Thanks alot

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Hornet's Nest (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Sally Watson (other topics)