What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Suggest books for me > Middle grade, messed up things are watched for sport maybe amnesia.

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nora (new)

Nora Glass | 11 comments I'd like some stories where some crazy things are made to happen just to be watched on TV. Or maybe as some twisted experiment. Like the Hunger Games but different. I just watched this tv series called The Hollow on Netflix where.
SPOILERS

The kids are hypnotized to get amnesia to be watched on a game show. Check it out it’s great.!

END SPOILERS

So I like the idea of giving people amnesia as well. Another similar book would be Masterminds but I'd prefer it if the results were watched by a bigger audience. I know this is a lot to ask but if you find anything similar, with one of these themes, let me know. Thanks!

message 2: by Gillian (new)

Gillian Wiseman (gillianwiseman) | 193 comments There's always the Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins - game aspect, no amnesia.
And Maze Runner by James Dashner - the amnesia, a sort of game or challenge, but no live tv show aspect.
and my last suggestion - Horizon by Scott Westerfeld - kids crash in a plane somewhere mysterious - are they being watched?

Hope these help!

message 4: by SamSpayedPI (last edited Jun 18, 2018 07:18PM) (new)

message 5: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Love | 1206 comments Running Out of Time by Margaret Peterson Haddix fits; people are observed unknowingly by an audience. Running Out of Time

message 6: by Nora (new)

Nora Glass | 11 comments I've already read running out of time, the rest sound great! I’m definitely putting Maze runner on my want to read list.

message 7: by Mandy (new)

Mandy (manduck) | 112 comments Cell 7 - this was very good!