BWGPL Community of Readers discussion

Summer Reading Club is coming

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Wendy (new)

Wendy | 23 comments Mod
As the weather warms up and school has almost finished you know what the Library is gearing up for... Summer Reading Club!

Libraries in Ontario have been offering summer reading clubs for over 40 years. I participated in my hometown public library's first summer reading club and have been involved in summer reading clubs as a participant, library staff or parent ever since. The fun and excitement around summer reading is infectious and at BWGPL everyone can participate in summer reading clubs - we have Summer Reading Clubs for children, teens and adults.

So come along everyone and participate in a summer reading club. For adults, it is simple - read or listen to a book (of course audiobooks count!), enter (by ballot at the library or electronically by instagram, twitter, facebook or email) and each week we have a draw and at the end of the summer we will have a grand prize draw.

For more information and details about all of our Summer Reading Programs - check out our website www.bradford.library.on.ca

For everyone in our goodreads group, we have a special summer reading option. If you write a post about any books that you read this summer to the group, you become a member of the summer reading club and each book will be your entry for a draw.

The extra bonus for group members is to have a peek into what other people are reading. Reading is often portrayed as a solitary endeavour, but
readers like to talk books with other readers and we are often on the look out for more titles to add to our TBR list (no matter how unwieldy it is already).

We hope that you will join us in our summer reading fun and we look forward to finding out what you are reading this summer.

Also - drop by the Information desk during the summer and pick up a literary button. We have some of our favourite quotes about books and reading and we want to share them with you. Pick up a different button each week.

Keep reading!

message 2: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 19 comments Mod
Coolness! Starts this Saturday?

message 3: by Wendy (new)

Wendy | 23 comments Mod
Yes, it starts this Saturday, June 23 and runs until September 1. That is 10 weeks of book reviews, prizes and buttons. I cannot wait to find out what everyone is reading.

message 4: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 12 comments I think you should do a Winter Reading Club! :) for those of us that hibernate at home and curl up and read!