CPL's Book Quest: The Challenge discussion

2018 Weekly Threads > Week 25- Celebrations, Summer Reading, and More!

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joanna (new)

Joanna | 753 comments Mod
 photo 20180618_130008_zps59e8n65k.jpg

Who doesn't love celebrations? Next week is halfway through the 52 weeks and we'll be having our annual Halfway Celebration! Look for mini challenges, trivia, and of course, one lucky winner will win the above books. Join us beginning Monday for our Halfway Celebration!

July 1st is right around the corner and that means Summer Reading! We're super pleased to announce a brand new, easy to use Summer Reading site. But what's even more exciting is starting in 2019, this site will be hosting our 52 Book Pickup event.

What does that mean for you? Make sure to remember your user name and password when you sign up this summer because you'll be using that to log into the site for 52 Books next year.

You can register for Summer Reading today by clicking this link. Book logging begins July 1st.

July 1st also starts the next round for the Online Book Club. We'll be reading The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith. Make sure to pick up your copy today!

With all the excitement, we should still take time to do some reading. What is everyone reading this week? I'm working on The Devil in the White City, which is way more fascinating than I thought it would be. I love the juxtaposition between Burnham and Holmes. I'm also reading the first Witcher book, The Last Wish, which is actually a collection of connected short stories.

Tell us your reads!

The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith The Devil in the White City Murder, Magic, and Madness at the Fair That Changed America by Erik Larson The Last Wish (The Witcher, #1) by Andrzej Sapkowski

message 2: by Ann (last edited Jun 18, 2018 02:28PM) (new)

Ann (ann-fracturedfiction) | 478 comments I'm currently rereading The Beekeeper's Apprentice by Laurie R. King, having read the latest in the series (The Island of the Mad). Awesome series, fascinating characters (and not just Sherlock Holmes- Mary Russell, our narrator, is equal to Holmes.
The Beekeeper's Apprentice (Mary Russell, #1) by Laurie R. King Island of the Mad (Mary Russell and Sherlock Holmes #15) by Laurie R. King