Stephen King Book Club discussion

Book Suggestions > July's King Read

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Barnes | 23 comments Mod
It's that time again...time to suggest which King book you want us to read for the month of July.

Please post your suggestions below, you have until the 22nd June to do this. The poll for July's read will then be posted on the 23rd June.

I shall start this topic off by suggesting Carrie :)

message 2: by delco (new)

delco (delcoreader) I think Carrie is good...it will give readers new to sk some reference to how his writing has changed from the early years...

message 3: by Jillian (new)

Jillian Martinson | 24 comments That or I’ve been really wanting to read pet cemetery

message 4: by delco (new)

delco (delcoreader) Pet Sematary fits the bill too...

message 5: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisarhianon) | 56 comments Mod
I'm going to suggest IT but I like both ideas of Carrie or Pet Cemetery too.

message 6: by Sarah (new)

IT is a good suggestion I’ve been wanting to read it for ages. But it is quite an intimidating book!

message 7: by Jillian (new)

Jillian Martinson | 24 comments Yes I read IT in October last year so good but took a bit. I am so glad I read it though!

message 8: by delco (new)

delco (delcoreader) So...if it’s ok, can we postpone IT? It’s still sorta fresh in terms of the recent movie .....also, it’s a long read and my thought is that shorter books are better in the summer...for us northeast people, anyway...maybe this is a good time for one of the short story books? Quick reads...lots of different things to talk about...maybe 2 months instead of one month.

message 9: by Jillian (new)

Jillian Martinson | 24 comments If we do short stories I say let’s look at skeleton crew

message 10: by Sarah (new)

When the poll goes up everyone can vote for the book they want to read. If you don’t have any interest in the book that wins the poll, you are under no obligation to read it. :)

message 11: by jared (new)

jared | 11 comments So is it skeleton crew? I missed last months.

message 12: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly | 10 comments What was the final winner for this month’s book?

message 13: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisarhianon) | 56 comments Mod
So the winner was Skeleton Crew which is a collection of shorts stories and poems. The discussion posts have gone up. Sorry it wasn't clear/posts went up late - we were both trying to get hold of a copy of the book.

message 14: by Bianca (new)

Bianca Edelle | 1 comments Pet Sematary and Revival are my personal favorites. Both have really bone-chilling concepts.

message 15: by Becca (new)

Becca Sokolosky (becsoko420) | 2 comments I just found Revival & The Dead Zone at my local goodwill. I need to get out to thrift stores more often. I dream of owning a library full of books. Lol.

message 16: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly | 10 comments What a great find Becca!
I just read the Regulators in two days. If anyone had read Desperation, I recommend the sequel.

message 17: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly | 10 comments Not sure if those in the UK have it yet; just watching the first episode of Castle Rock on Hulu.

message 18: by Carolyn M L (new)

Carolyn M L (voracious-reader) | 7 comments How is Castle Rock? The UK doesn’t have it yet and nothing has been confirmed as to when or indeed if we ever will get it! Ugh.

message 19: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly | 10 comments I’ve watched the first three episodes and it’s cool to see a new work referencing books we’ve already read. Stephen King is the Executive Producer. It’s great so far.

If it’s any consolation, there are wonderful BBC art and culture series which never made it to the us.

Hoping you don’t have to wait too long for Castle Rock.

message 20: by Debi (new)

Debi Luke (Sunshinedll) | 4 comments I think it shows every wednesday. I also saw the three episodes. it was wonderful. can't wait to see how it goes from here.