Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) Vampire Academy discussion

Vampire Academy movie

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Stefani Crook I just wanted a place to rant about the horrible Vampire Academy movie. Feel free to comment about how much you hated it.

Nikita I was so disappointed. It wasn't bad but it could have been better. It also had HORRIBLE marketing. It deserved better

Stefani Crook Nikita (DigiGirl) wrote: "I was so disappointed. It wasn't bad but it could have been better. It also had HORRIBLE marketing. It deserved better"

I think it was horrible. The guy playing Dimitri wasn't really all that hot (Ben Barnes should've played him), Lucy Fry didn't really fit as Lissa, and rest was awful. The only person I actually liked for their character was Cameron Monaghan playing Mason because he actually looked like Mason.

message 4: by Nikita (last edited Jun 18, 2018 06:17PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nikita Stefani wrote: "Nikita (DigiGirl) wrote: "I was so disappointed. It wasn't bad but it could have been better. It also had HORRIBLE marketing. It deserved better"

I think it was horrible. The guy playing Dimitri w..."

Yes there were alot of miss and hits on the casting. Though I liked that they got a real Russian to play Dimitri and I thought he was good looking. Completely agree with Mason. Spot on! As for Lissa and Rose, not who I pictured to play them. Not to mention the things that were changed from the book. That didn't sit well with me.

It could have been great film series. It could have been the next hunger games but no. So sad

Stefani Crook Nikita (DigiGirl) wrote: "Stefani wrote: "Nikita (DigiGirl) wrote: "I was so disappointed. It wasn't bad but it could have been better. It also had HORRIBLE marketing. It deserved better"

I think it was horrible. The guy p..."

Yeah, they should just make a tv show. One episode, one chapter. One season, one book.

Nikita Stefani wrote: "Nikita (DigiGirl) wrote: "Stefani wrote: "Nikita (DigiGirl) wrote: "I was so disappointed. It wasn't bad but it could have been better. It also had HORRIBLE marketing. It deserved better"

I think ..."

Agreed. As long as they don't stray from the books.

Stefani Crook Nikita (DigiGirl) wrote: "Stefani wrote: "Nikita (DigiGirl) wrote: "Stefani wrote: "Nikita (DigiGirl) wrote: "I was so disappointed. It wasn't bad but it could have been better. It also had HORRIBLE marketing. It deserved b..."

Yes. I agree.

The Doll Stefani wrote: "Nikita (DigiGirl) wrote: "I was so disappointed. It wasn't bad but it could have been better. It also had HORRIBLE marketing. It deserved better"

I think it was horrible. The guy playing Dimitri w..."

I had no idea who Ben Barnes was , I just looked him up. OMG you have good taste he definitely would have been better!

The Doll Nikita wrote: "Stefani wrote: "Nikita (DigiGirl) wrote: "I was so disappointed. It wasn't bad but it could have been better. It also had HORRIBLE marketing. It deserved better"

I think it was horrible. The guy p..."

That's exactly how I felt about the Darkest Minds , that movie was just released and I'm scared to see it. That could be a great movie series but it seems like they already ruined it.

message 10: by Stephanie (last edited Aug 27, 2018 06:27PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Stephanie Meeks I was so so sad that the movie went the dumb and ditsy direction when it could of been so incredibly bad ass! I read the series about a decade ago and recently re-read it and this movie could have been huge. In the books I fell in love with every character but in the movie I just wanted to throat punch them to make them stop talking.

Delaney It was very comedic and took that route instead of having a darker tone to it. I think I was just disappointed about Dimitri's casting...that was just weird. After watching the movie, I read the book and the movie does have everything in the first book so I guess it follows it...I'm not sure about the other books because I've only read the first book but the first book did read like a high school drama and the movie just made it comedic high school drama movie.

Manisha delaney wrote: "It was very comedic and took that route instead of having a darker tone to it. I think I was just disappointed about Dimitri's casting...that was just weird. After watching the movie, I read the bo..."
I agree to this. It was like mean girls in a darker tone while vampire academy wasnt supposed to be like that. I do hope they turn it into a series or something i would love to watch it. I can't get over the fact the one movie I waited for and rooted for failed miserably.