Hooked on Books discussion

The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1)
This topic is about The Iron King
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive > The Iron King (The Iron Fey #1) by Julie Kagawa - Start Date: August 17, 2014

Comments Showing 1-49 of 49 (49 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Trinity Join Jonel and I!

Jonel Yes! The more the merrier! I definitely can't wait.

Trinity Me either, I hope we enjoy it. :)

Trinity  (tsundokuproblem) I really liked this book, so I hope you guys do too! :)

Jonel I bought the bulk of the series about a year ago and it keeps getting pushed to they wayside for some reason or another. This is the perfect excuse to get started. Of course, once I start I probably won't be able to stop. lol.

Trinity Thanks, Trinity!

Haha I know what you mean! I am on the hold list for the book. :)

Kate Elizabeth (k_hodgeyyy) Ooh, I'll join in on this! I started reading this towards the end of last year but then for some reason I put it down and never picked it up again.. don't know why, I was really enjoying it haha :)

Jonel Brilliant! Well, not that you put it down, but that you're joining us.

Kate Elizabeth (k_hodgeyyy) I can't wait! I've been meaning to start it again for a while but I have such a big TBR that I've just kept putting off- but now I finally have a reason to get back to it haha :D

Jonel I definitely know the feeling.

Trinity I just got the book from my library! I cannot wait to start this :)

Jonel It's loaded on my ereader. Hopefully I can get a couple of blog posts done on Sat so I'm good to start Sunday am (Sunday is the 17th, correct?)

Shall we read it all at once, or did you want to break it up a bit?

Trinity Yes, it will be on Sunday. How about every five chapters we come back and post?

Jonel Sounds do-able.

Jonel Today is the day!

Jonel Just finished the first 5 chapters. What a brilliant introduction to Julie Kagawa's realm of faery. I don't want to put it down!

Trinity I am sorry! I just started school so it might take me a few days to get to it.

Jonel No worries at all. Good books never go bad.

Trinity Jonel wrote: "No worries at all. Good books never go bad."

Thanks! :)

Trinity I hope to start this in a few hours!

Jonel Wohoo!

Trinity Woo! ☺
Have you started yet?

Jonel I stopped at Chapter 10 to let you catch up. lol.

My thoughts for chapters 1-5 are here.

Can't wait to hear what you think. I'll post my chapter 6-10 thoughts in a bit.

Trinity Lol sorry! I will try to catch up as soon as possible. ☺

Jonel No rush at all. Ironically, chapter 10 ends part 1 of the book, so it was a good place to catch up on some other reading.

Trinity Well that's great then lol! ☺

Jonel Ch 10-15: (spoiler free, don't worry)

And so ends part one of the novel.

This story just keeps getting better. I love how many different elements of Faery Kagawa combines to create this story completely of her own. The creatures are so real and lifelike, almost larger than life at times. This section really highlights what I like best about Kagawa’s writing. The vivid and wildly imaginative way that she writes keeps me coming back for more.

Trinity I am halfway through Chapter 1, I plan on getting to chapter 5 then doing homework and then continuing. ☺

Trinity 18% - (view spoiler)

Trinity Jonel wrote: "Just finished the first 5 chapters. What a brilliant introduction to Julie Kagawa's realm of faery. I don't want to put it down!"

Me either! The introduction is very captivating, I cannot wait to continue. ☺

Jonel Trinity wrote: "18% - Chapters 1 - 5
Wow. This is really good so far. I am glad that there is something happening every minute, I am not bored at all. Meghan has to step up a bit though. I like her character but ..."

Don't worry!!! (view spoiler)

Trinity Jonel wrote: "Trinity wrote: "18% - Chapters 1 - 5
Wow. This is really good so far. I am glad that there is something happening every minute, I am not bored at all. Meghan has to step up a bit though. I like he..."

Awesome!!

Trinity 34% - (view spoiler)

Trinity 61% - (view spoiler)

Jonel Trinity wrote: "61% - [spoilers removed]"

It gets really good doesn't it. (view spoiler)

So, since the rest of the series is bound to be just as good. Would you be interested in the second book around the end of the month/beginning of October?

Trinity Definitely! What date do you have in mind?

Jonel Whenever it works for you. :)

Trinity Final Thoughts - (view spoiler)

Trinity Jonel wrote: "Whenever it works for you. :)"

How's 10/5?

Trinity Jonel wrote: "Trinity wrote: "61% - [spoilers removed]"

It gets really good doesn't it. [spoilers removed]

So, since the rest of the series is bound to be just as good. Would you be interested in the second ..."

Me either, it was so intensed!

Jonel Oct. 5th sounds great (and yes, I did just count the month on my fingers. Lol)

Jonel So did ya finish it? What were your final thoughts? I'm (view spoiler)

message 44: by Trinity (last edited Aug 31, 2014 06:11PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trinity Jonel wrote: "Oct. 5th sounds great (and yes, I did just count the month on my fingers. Lol)"

Lol! Thanks! Yes, and my final thoughts are here I loved it!! But do not read it all if you haven't finished, I put a whole bunch of spoilers in there.

Trinity Jonel wrote: "So did ya finish it? What were your final thoughts? I'm [spoilers removed]"

You'll find out soon ;)

Jonel Trinity wrote: "Jonel wrote: "Oct. 5th sounds great (and yes, I did just count the month on my fingers. Lol)"

Lol! Thanks! Yes, and my final thoughts are here I loved it!! But do not read it all if you haven't f..."

I finished it friday, just haven't had time to post my review.

Trinity Jonel wrote: "Trinity wrote: "Jonel wrote: "Oct. 5th sounds great (and yes, I did just count the month on my fingers. Lol)"

Lol! Thanks! Yes, and my final thoughts are here I loved it!! But do not read it all ..."

Did you like it? ☺

Jonel I absolutely loved it! It's going to be a fantastic series. Can't wait to read the second one in October. You?

Trinity Same here, I loved it! I hope the second one is just as good if not better!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.