Reese's Book Club x Hello Sunshine discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Book Club Lounge > Best Summer Reads

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hello (new)

Hello Sunshine | 58 comments Mod
What are your favorite books to read in the summer?

message 2: by Jamie-Lee (new)

Jamie-Lee (jlkfraser) | 16 comments Some good summer reads I have read are:

Beauty Queens by Libba Bray
The Harry Potter series by JK Rowling
The 100 year old man who climbed out a window and disappeared by Jonas Jonasson
Feed by Mira Grant
Prey by Michael Crichton
The Cormoron Strike series by Robert Galbraith

Eleanor Duchene | 2 comments Kevin Kwan trilogy - Crazy Rich Asians

message 4: by Roseanne (new)

Roseanne | 4 comments Women's Fiction and Chick-lit

message 5: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (buckeyegirlreads) | 6 comments Bring Me Back by B A Paris was really good.

message 6: by Jamie-Lee (new)

Jamie-Lee (jlkfraser) | 16 comments Eleanor wrote: "Kevin Kwan trilogy - Crazy Rich Asians"

I LOVE this series!! So good! Definitely great beach reading, also awesome if you are into audiobooks!

message 7: by Priya Shrinath (new)

Priya Shrinath (syllablesofswathi) | 3 comments The death of Mrs.westaway by Ruth Ware is a promising book. Those other women by Nicola Moriarty is for who love Big little lies, and The Girl on the Train.

message 8: by Brandi (new)

Brandi | the_reading_bee  (the_reading_bee) | 2 comments The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah
All the Ugly Wonderful Things- Bryan Greenwood
You-Caroline Kepnes

message 9: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea | 6 comments Just finished Under the Udala Trees which I highly recommend and The Radium Girls: The Dark Story of America's Shining Women which I absolutely adored!

message 10: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Stierwalt (kaylasonlyheart) I finished How to Walk Away by Katherine Center this weekend and absolutely loved it. I want to keep gushing about it.

message 11: by Clara (new)

Clara | 1 comments I like light chick lit books for summer. Maybe Liane Moriarty books, or Taylor Jenkins Reid books.

message 12: by Vivienne (new)

Vivienne Darwent | 1 comments Into the water by Paula Hawkins anf The break by Marian Keyes

message 13: by Renee (new)

Renee (renhawes) | 1 comments I really liked the summer list by Amy Mason Doans

message 14: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 3 comments I just read The Perfect Couple (Elin Hildenbrand ??) and The Lying Game (Ruth Ware), both perfect for poolside/beach reading!

message 15: by Laurel (new)

Laurel (laureljean) | 11 comments An American Marriage might be one of the best books I've read this year.

message 16: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (exenepunk) | 1 comments Summer Sisters- Judy Blume's first adult novel. I've loved that book since I first read it and pick up to re-read again every few years as a go-to summer read. This year, Wild by Cheryl Strayed was my summer read.

message 17: by Whitney (new)

Whitney | 8 comments Eleanor Oliphant is completely fine
The Alice Network
Circe
The Great Alone
Educated

Can’t pick, all so good!

message 18: by Maria (new)

Maria Bienz | 1 comments Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine
Bear town
The Great Alone

message 19: by Irene (new)

Irene (irenejean) | 1 comments The Immortalists
I also loved Radium Girls
The Great Alone
Before We Were Yours
The Tea Girl of Hummingbird Lane
Homegoing

message 20: by Vicky (new)

Vicky Garland (goodreadscomvicky917) | 6 comments Hi I'm Vicky and I just love to read all I get the chance to! This summer I've read The Great Alone it was so good! To the Moon and Back Karen Kingsbury my favorite Christian author also by her This Side of Heaven and Dandelion Dust. Colleen Coble Series Without a Trace, Beyond Doubt, and Dangerous Depths, love her books and to Jamie I'm currently reading The Lying Game by Ruth Ware! I've read many others This summer and for any wanting some great faith based books Heavenly Minded Mom Katie Bennett, Just Open The Door by Jen Schmidt Is Bloom by Aimee Ashley I believe is her name and therefore great reads! I loved just Open the door it's about biblical hospitality! Great day ladies! Thanks for posting!

message 21: by Vicky (new)

Vicky Garland (goodreadscomvicky917) | 6 comments I do want to read all America Couple I think is the name of it another here read it and glad they said it was so good!

message 22: by Vicky (new)

Vicky Garland (goodreadscomvicky917) | 6 comments I do want to read all America Couple I think is the name of it another here read it and glad they said it was so good!

message 23: by Randee (new)

Randee Busch (rrdvegas) | 3 comments Clara wrote: "I like light chick lit books for summer. Maybe Liane Moriarty books, or Taylor Jenkins Reid books."

Love Taylor Jenkins Reid. :)

message 24: by Valerie (new)

Valerie (darthval) | 8 comments I pretty much don't "summer read". My choices are pretty similar year round. So, going by that - scifi and fantasy are tops for me.

message 25: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (last2right) | 2 comments Kimberly wrote: "Bring Me Back by B A Paris was really good."

I really like BA Paris! What'd you think?

message 26: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (last2right) | 2 comments Chelsea wrote: "Just finished Under the Udala Trees which I highly recommend and The Radium Girls: The Dark Story of America's Shining Women which I absolutely adored!"

OOO The Radium Girls was so good!!! It took me longer than usual to finish it because it was just so packed with information!

message 27: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea | 6 comments Sarah wrote: "Chelsea wrote: "Just finished Under the Udala Trees which I highly recommend and The Radium Girls: The Dark Story of America's Shining Women which I absolutely adore..."

Seriously it was such a great book. I flew through it even with all the information. It was just so captivating I could not put it down.

message 28: by Heather (new)

Heather Fox | 3 comments The last mrs Parrish
The simple wild—- (LOVE!)
When life gives you lulu lemons (Surprisingly good!)
Home going - (a must read)
Eleanor Oliphant is completely fine
Little fires everywhere

message 29: by Kat (new)

Kat (txkatgrace) | 4 comments I dont have favorite books for seasons. My only favorite books are the Outlander series bu Diana Gabaldon. Other than that, I love finding hidden jewels, like Next Year in Havana, and engaging story that makes me think about the world and my place in it.

Bookgirl Book Blogger Beyond the Pale by EJ Wood is currently my favourite for this year. More twists than a bowl of spaghetti. A romance entwined with a psychological thriller. The story line is amazing, the ending was shocking and I can't wait for the sequel.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.