Reese's Book Club x Hello Sunshine discussion

Something in the Water > What would you do....

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hello (new)

Hello Sunshine | 58 comments Mod
If you found a bag of money, diamonds, and a cell phone, what would you do?

message 2: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (buckeyegirlreads) | 6 comments Leave the diamonds and cell phone, keep the cash! Honestly though, I would turn the whole thing over to the police. Diamonds, cash and a cell phone...that is not a good combination.

message 3: by Jamie-Lee (new)

Jamie-Lee (jlkfraser) | 16 comments Damn it I’m too honest. I would turn it in. I’m not as brave as Debbie Ocean.

message 4: by Hello (new)

Jamie-Lee wrote: "Damn it I’m too honest. I would turn it in. I’m not as brave as Debbie Ocean."

Right?! Like on the one hand, I want to be that daring, but on the other hand, nope I like a little order and safety in my life.

message 5: by Hello (new)

Kimberly wrote: "Leave the diamonds and cell phone, keep the cash! Honestly though, I would turn the whole thing over to the police. Diamonds, cash and a cell phone...that is not a good combination."

I mean......yeah. Going to the police on this one too.

message 6: by Sandra (new)

Sandra DeSantis | 1 comments ** my answer may have mild spoilers, so if you haven't finished the book, please do not read my answer.
As this was found in the middle of the ocean from a wreck and everyone is presumed dead, I would ditch the cell phone, no questions asked and proceed with selling the diamonds and making sure the money was safe. I would never in a million years be so preoccupied with what's in the phone that I have to sneak around to turn it on. I certainly wouldn't answer someone back who was texting on that phone.... But that was the great thing about the character development in this book, she was so naive and curious, that was her charm. Also if the main characters did that, there really wouldn't be much .else for the story to go other than they lived happily ever after with their cozy nest egg and that would be boring.

message 7: by Jamie-Lee (new)

Jamie-Lee (jlkfraser) | 16 comments ***mild spoilers

Okay. So, now that I have more context from the book (my last answer was prior to me reading that part of the book), if I were in their situation, I would sooooo take the money and diamonds. The phone and gun I would toss into the ocean with the plane wreck.

There. I said it haha.

New England Book Girl | 2 comments Just leave it were I found it and go back to my ordinary life.

message 9: by M. (new)

M. (chellatrix) | 3 comments I don't know, but I would not have turned on that phone. I promise you. :)

message 10: by Moonkiszt (new)

Moonkiszt (moonkisztgmailcom) I always get caught. Always. Would not have taken the bag from the water. Would leave it right there and find a place on the deserted island to . . .well. Anyway.

message 11: by Hello (new)

Michelle wrote: "I don't know, but I would not have turned on that phone. I promise you. :)"

That was a point where we were going: "NO ERIN DON'T!"

message 12: by M. (new)

M. (chellatrix) | 3 comments Hello wrote: "Michelle wrote: "I don't know, but I would not have turned on that phone. I promise you. :)"

That was a point where we were going: "NO ERIN DON'T!""

I think that just who Erin was, that she would always pick the adrenaline rush and tell herself she was only pursuing the best option. She had to keep pushing the envelope, feel the rush of danger.

message 13: by Hello (new)

Michelle wrote: "Hello wrote: "Michelle wrote: "I don't know, but I would not have turned on that phone. I promise you. :)"

That was a point where we were going: "NO ERIN DON'T!""

I think that just who Erin was, ..."

Yeah--that's the documentarian in her! She just always wants to get to the end of the story.

message 14: by Hello (new)

Moonkiszt wrote: "I always get caught. Always. Would not have taken the bag from the water. Would leave it right there and find a place on the deserted island to . . .well. Anyway."

But what if this one time...but no, you're right. Sometimes it's just best to leave well enough alone. We'll take our crazy adventures when they're safely sandwiched between the cover of a book.

message 15: by Cori (new)

Cori (clp412) | 8 comments I would have turned everything over to the police (with a secret hope that there would possibly be a reward for my honesty) The angel on my shoulder says that while the devil on my other shoulder asks, "would they really notice if a few diamonds or bills were missing???!" A fun situation to imagine but hope I am never in!

message 16: by Heather (new)

Heather (hrobison11) | 3 comments I am too honest - I’d turn it all in, but wasn’t that what she wanted to do originally until mark pointed it that maybe they should wait? I kept thinking Erin was so easily manipulated, it was frustrating!

message 17: by Kristina (new)

Kristina (hugabug9275) | 5 comments leave it and report what I found to the police . I certainly would not chance a predicament like this.

message 18: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne | 7 comments I would keep the cash and let the rest sink to the bottom of the ocean.