Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Monthly "Reads" > Lorraine's July reads

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brakedrum (new)

Brakedrum | 1203 comments The Skin Collector (Lincoln Ryme Novel)
Lincoln & Amelia are trying to solve murders that involve victims tatooed with messages tainted with poisons on their abdomens. Good read.

Mr. Mercedes by Stephen King
A totally different novel by King. It's a murder mystery with no supernatural or horror events. A retired cop is upset that he never solved an old case. The killer taunts the cop via e-mails.
Not bad for his first mystery novel. I wonder if he will write more.

The City by Dean Koontz
Another surprise from a known horror writer.
A very different novel by Koontz, very little horror or supernatural, more of a mystery.

What's So Funny? by Tim Conway (nf)
A fun read. Conway was born in the area of Cleveland, Ohio to a Romanian mother and an Irish father.
He describes his life and career with many humorous stories.

message 2: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3626 comments The Tim Conway book sounds fun. I remember he's from Chagrin Falls, OH. I always loved him and Harvey Korman together.

King's THE COLORADO KID was kinda sorta a mystery. I have MR. MERCEDES near the top of The Pile.

message 3: by Sandi (new)

Sandi (sandin954) | 1215 comments Melodie wrote: "The Tim Conway book sounds fun. I always loved him and Harvey Korman together. "

Me too. Will definitely have to check out his memoir.

I hope to finish up Mr. Mercedes this weekend.

message 4: by Dan in AZ (new)

Dan in AZ | 2679 comments Interesting month, Lorraine.

message 5: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14624 comments Nice month, Lorraine! I may give Koontz's The City a closer look. I really liked Mr Mercedes too.

message 6: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 03, 2014 12:07PM) (new)

Good month. The Dean Koontz sounds intriguing. Sometimes it's gold when an author branches out and breaks form. Other times not so much. I'll have to check it out.

message 7: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 8062 comments It's nice to be reminded of the Lincoln Rhymes series. Although wasn't there an earlier one called The Bone Collector? Seems odd to have such similar titles.

Love Tim Conway, I bet that WAS a fun read.

message 8: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14624 comments Those titles (The Skin Collector and The Bone Collector) are rather similar. Perhaps the books are related or connected in some way (Other than connected by Lincoln Rhyme)
Carol/Bonadie wrote: "It's nice to be reminded of the Lincoln Rhymes series. Although wasn't there an earlier one called The Bone Collector? Seems odd to have such similar titles."