YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

From Twinkle, with Love
This topic is about From Twinkle, with Love
BUDDY READ: Contemporary/Romance > From Twinkle, with Love by Sandhya Menon - Starting July 10th AND August 8th 2018

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Riddhi Mazumder (goodreadscomriddhi_desiderium) | 670 comments Aspiring filmmaker and wallflower Twinkle Mehra has stories she wants to tell and universes she wants to explore, if only the world would listen. So when fellow film geek Sahil Roy approaches her to direct a movie for the upcoming Summer Festival, Twinkle is all over it. The chance to publicly showcase her voice as a director? Dream come true. The fact that it gets her closer to her longtime crush, Neil Roy—a.k.a. Sahil’s twin brother? Dream come true x 2.

When mystery man “N” begins emailing her, Twinkle is sure it’s Neil, finally ready to begin their happily-ever-after. The only slightly inconvenient problem is that, in the course of movie-making, she’s fallen madly in love with the irresistibly adorkable Sahil.

Twinkle soon realizes that resistance is futile: The romance she’s got is not the one she’s scripted. But will it be enough?

Told through the letters Twinkle writes to her favorite female filmmakers, From Twinkle, with Love navigates big truths about friendship, family, and the unexpected places love can find you.

Abby | 5454 comments Chapter 6: (view spoiler)

Abby | 5454 comments Chapter 12: (view spoiler)

Abby | 5454 comments Chapter 18: (view spoiler)

Ari ☾ (aricakes) | 628 comments Finally starting this! :)

Abby | 5454 comments Finished: (view spoiler)

message 7: by Ari ☾ (last edited Jul 15, 2018 02:30AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Ari ☾ (aricakes) | 628 comments Chapters 1-5
(view spoiler)

Ari ☾ (aricakes) | 628 comments Chapters 6-10
(view spoiler)

Ari ☾ (aricakes) | 628 comments Abby wrote: "Chapter 6: [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Ari ☾ (aricakes) | 628 comments Chapters 11-16
(view spoiler)

Ari ☾ (aricakes) | 628 comments Finished
(view spoiler)

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Chapters 1-5:
(view spoiler)

Nicole (artsofashes) | 722 comments Chapter 1
(view spoiler)

message 14: by Allie (new)

Allie (acdalton) | 201 comments Astrid wrote: "Chapter 1
I'm ready to read a contemporary again. I need to take a break from fantasy for a bit.

The first chapter was a good start and I love that part of it is in letter format. It's pretty clic..."

I finished this late last night and I ended up loving it! I thought I was going to give it 3 stars just because I hated how childish most of the characters acted but I ended up giving it a 4 because of the ending and most of the characters ended up having major character development so I was so thankful for that! The one thing I loved about this story the most was probably the format.

Nicole (artsofashes) | 722 comments Allie wrote: "Astrid wrote: "Chapter 1
I'm ready to read a contemporary again. I need to take a break from fantasy for a bit.

The first chapter was a good start and I love that part of it is in letter format. I..."

That's good news about the development. I actually have high hopes for this book so let's hope I enjoy it. And I agree about the format!

message 16: by Allie (new)

Allie (acdalton) | 201 comments Astrid wrote: "Allie wrote: "Astrid wrote: "Chapter 1

The first chapter was a good start and I love that part of it is in le..."

I think you will like it. She just got a little annoying to me almost at the end of the book but it got better by the end of the story!

message 17: by Dee Dee (new) - added it

Dee Dee (Dee Reads for Food) (dee_reads_for_food) | 1362 comments Jumping in on this one!

message 18: by Dee Dee (new) - added it

Dee Dee (Dee Reads for Food) (dee_reads_for_food) | 1362 comments Ch 1 - 5: I'm not a fan of Maddie. And Brij is adorable 😅

message 19: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 14, 2018 01:34AM) (new)

Candace wrote: "Chapter 14

[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Nicole (artsofashes) | 722 comments Chapter 12
(view spoiler)

Nicole (artsofashes) | 722 comments Chapter 19

(view spoiler)

Nicole (artsofashes) | 722 comments Finished

(view spoiler)