Bisky's Twitterling's Scribbles! discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive > #BiskyBOTM: Guarding Angel

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bisky (last edited Aug 01, 2014 08:56AM) (new)

Bisky Scribbles (bisky_scribbles) | 2536 comments Mod
The first book I pulled out of my mysterious bunnyhat of wonder was Guarding Angel!

Blurbses:
Guardian angel Enael can’t seem to keep her human Wards in check. They’re the ones who choose their paths before reincarnating—she’s just there to help make sure they stay on track. But it’s not as easy as it might look.

When she meets and falls in love with charismatic Kaspen, a fellow Guardian, Enael’s feelings about Heaven, Hell, demons, and the life she’s known are turned upside down. Worse, angel-turned-demon Yasva, Kaspen’s former love, still holds him in her clutches. Even as Yasva works toward obtaining complete control of Earth, she taunts and haunts Kaspen’s and Enael’s lives.

Now Enael is forced to face her past (which is centuries long and bursting with secrets), her present (which is terribly unfulfilling and full of questions), and her future (which becomes more uncertain as time passes). Armed with a newfound love and fear of losing it all, she must figure out how to save the world—-and the angel she loves. Which side will win? Who will Kaspen choose? Will Heaven and Earth continue to exist, or will everything go to Hell?

Happy reading! :D

(please remember to use the spoiler tags if need be :3)

message 2: by Karey (new)

Karey Okay, downloaded the Kindle version. Will begin reading shortly.

message 3: by Samantha (last edited Aug 01, 2014 11:33AM) (new)

Samantha Strong (samanthalstrong) | 206 comments *all the nerves*

Hope you guys enjoy! I won't be hanging around the thread since, well, I wrote it and don't wanna be peering over your shoulders. Go nuts with whatever you want to say.

And I wouldn't turn a review or two after, of course. ;-)

Addendum: I just read the part in the guidelines about authors answering questions, so if you have any, feel free to send Bisky to fetch me to the thread. Just note that I'm due Sept 3 in case you can't find me at the end of the month. Thanks again for picking this one (even if it was just a luck thing).

message 4: by Brian (new)

Brian Basham (brianbasham) | 390 comments Yayayay! \○/
I picked it up and must say the concept of this one is very interesting. I just finished chapter 1.

message 5: by Kevin (new)

Kevin Moore (kevmoorewrites) | 63 comments I'm also going to download it today! Now, how long do I have to read it? lol

Btw, #BiskyBOTM sounds like an Austin Powers character ;)

message 6: by Cem (new)

Cem Bilici (cembilici) Finally got it today. Internet's been on the blink. Had to hook my phone to my PC to do so and will need to the same with the Kindle to download it :)

Love the cover. Very nice.

message 7: by Karey (last edited Aug 03, 2014 09:55AM) (new)

Karey Unfortunately, due to certain scenarios in this book, I won't be able to participate in the reading of this particular book. I'm not against the storyline as a writer, but as a victim, it will be too difficult to deal with. I'm the same way with these darker scenes in movies, opting to not watch the movie.
That said, I DID purchase the book, because I FULLY believe in supporting fellow authors.
When you make the J.K.Rowling size paycheck, just send me a cheesecake :D

message 8: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Barnes | 86 comments Bought it! I'm on vacation and needed a book so this is perfect!

message 9: by Bisky (new)

Totally understandable Karey, maybe next time :]

message 10: by Cem (new)

Cem Bilici (cembilici) I have a question to the author with a bit of a tongue-in-cheek observation :P All in good humour and also serious.

(view spoiler)

Quite enjoying it so far, just over half way through.

Wait am I supposed to reserve this for the end of the month? lol. I'll put it in spoiler tag.

message 11: by Cem (new)

Cem Bilici (cembilici) Finished, enjoyed and rated :)

message 12: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Barnes | 86 comments I finished too. Have a little review and rated.

message 13: by Brian (new)

Brian Basham (brianbasham) | 390 comments I feel like such a slacker.. I'm about 10% through it. Gonna make an effort to read more this weekend.

message 14: by Cem (new)

Cem Bilici (cembilici) Sooo... What's new here :)

message 15: by Karey (new)

Karey What's the next book??

message 16: by Bisky (new)

Hah, who finished? :] And I'll choose the next book tomorrow. Sorry, super busy atm. Will be back around abit more next week ^^

Who read the book and what did you think ? :]

message 17: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Barnes | 86 comments I finished! I liked it. Not my normal read, but she kept me reading because I wanted answers! LOL Will be interested to see what happens next.

message 18: by Cem (new)

Cem Bilici (cembilici) Ditto :) not my usual fare at all, but I liked it. Posted a review.

Can't wait to see what the next BOTM is :D

Still waiting on an answer to my question from early last month also, *ahem* :P

message 19: by Brian (new)

Brian Basham (brianbasham) | 390 comments I read about 1/4 of it. Interesting storyline but didn't really pull me in. Not the kind of story I would usually read though.

message 20: by Dionne (new)

Dionne | 68 comments I also read it. Finished it in a day. When I enjoy a book so much I tend to lose track of time. And if I'm not disturbed, I find myself reading all the way to the end.

message 21: by Bisky (new)

I've read it and I liked it. I really liked the little monsters xD

message 22: by Cem (new)

Cem Bilici (cembilici) Yeah they were cool. The fearlings. Especially the one in the tavern... Frankie? I liked the dark aspects and the fact that the angels weren't these one dimensional cliches and the different mechanics of things.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.