Grand Canyon Authors Club discussion

Random > The Random Email

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andres (last edited Jun 18, 2018 07:57AM) (new)

Andres Rodriguez (aroddamonster) | 240 comments Mod
I just wanted to start sharing these emails with new authors here. You'll get bombarded with these guys trying to make money off of you. Be careful!

marthasp6s@gmail.com
Hello,

Would you be interested if I tell you how to triple your book sales?

I had a quick look at the Amazon sales rank of your newly published book and realized that you have not made a considerable amount of sales. I also had a look at the cover and blurb of your book and realized that they could be better. A recent case study done on top 10 bestselling indie authors indicate that they started making sales right after changing the cover and synopsis of their book, WITHOUT investing a cent on traditional marketing methods.

If you are serious about learning how to triple your book sales, please respond to this email, thanks. On the other hand if you want to remain stuck where you are and enjoy your struggle secretly, you can ignore this email.

Junaid

message 2: by Andres (new)

Here is another one:

Mark Pablo

If you wish to know, please contact me for details. I will reply only to SERIOUS inquiries; time wasters and freebie seekers should stay away. One thing to note: the number of visitors is GUARANTEED. You may get MORE, but you will NEVER get less! To ensure that I am as good as my word, you will also get a UNIQUE tracking link to track the traffic.

Mark Pablo

message 3: by Andres (last edited Jul 05, 2018 12:30PM) (new)

amzgrbooks645@yahoo.com

Hello,

Mark here. I recently checked out your awesome book at Amazon. Do you like the idea of exposing your book to almost a million kindle book readers on social media? If you are interested in becoming the next bestselling author on Amazon, you can contact me for details (please ignore this message if you don’t want to get more reviews and sales for your book).

Mark P.

message 4: by Gail (new)

Gail Gibbs (gailanngibbs) | 36 comments I didn't save the email, but it went something like this:
"I absolutely loved your book, and want to review it on my blog! {yes, I was excited.} It's exactly the kind of thing my readers are looking for! I have thousands and thousands of followers in your genre [note the vague reference, suspicion creeping in} and being included on my website will boost your career enormously!"
It went on for a while, never saying my book title or the genre. It ended with - "So if you're interested in my fantastic blog service (ah, the penny drops), let me know. I'm waiting to hear from you!" Needless to say, I didn't fall for it.

message 5: by Cricket (new)

Cricket Rohman | 23 comments I've received tons of these emails. Some for books I "unpublished" long ago due to creating a new edition with a new cover, title, and ISBN number. Yes, you have to be careful.

message 6: by Karimah (new)

Karimah Colden (kdcolden) | 1 comments I am so glad I performed a google search on this email address before responding. And why BCC me?

Jim J.
Jan 21, 2019, 9:47 PM (14 hours ago)
to bcc: Colden.KD

Hi,

My name is Jim. I organize book review tours targeted by book genre. I have access to a total of 14,000 readers and 2,000 book bloggers on my ARC list and social media platforms. If you are still looking for reviews and are serious about book promotion, you can contact me for details.

message 7: by Andres (new)

Great share Karimah,

Yeah, pay me $$ and I'll help you. So many people ready to take advantage of writers.

I'm glad this community can share experiences like this, this can help our new writers so much, hopefully together we can prevent a local writer from these predators.

message 8: by Andres (last edited Sep 05, 2019 08:20AM) (new)

Hello,

Mary Jane Anderson - janicewfork@gmail.com

I am Mary Jane Anderson (you can call me just MJ if you wish). I have been reviewing books of various genres for a while. For more details, please respond to this message.

Regards,
MJ

Hi,
Hi MJ, just curious, why would I want more details about you reviewing books?
Sincerely,
ARod

Hello again,

Many thanks for your response. In order to submit your book for review, please visit:
http://iloveuniquebooks.com/

To contact me with any questions, please visit:
http://iloveuniquebooks.com/contact-me
Please DO NOT reply to this email. This inbox is not monitored.
Regards,
MJ

message 9: by Andres (last edited Mar 30, 2020 01:49PM) (new)

I have been reviewing books of various genres for a while. If you are looking for a high quality, comprehensive and honest book review from an erudite reader, you search ends here. For more details, please respond to this message.

Regards,

Mary Jane Anderson
marthagfy96@gmail.com

message 10: by Andres (new)

Hi,

My apologies if this is a duplicate message. I am a 23 year old student of English literature. I love reading new and exciting books. Right now I am on a break from college so I am accepting book review requests. I read all genres. If you want to get your book reviews please contact me.
Regards,
Cheryl Simmons
robertg101@gmail.com

message 11: by Andres (new)

Hi,

If you are looking for reviews for your newest book, I am willing to read and review it. You can send me a review copy to purelybooks767@gmail.com. I accept epub, mobi and pdf formats. I am also available as a beta reader.

Please email me your queries at purelybooks767@gmail.com. I don't login to Goodreads often.

Vena

P.S. I don't have a Kindle Unlimited account.

message 12: by Andres (new)

Hi,

If you are looking for a professional editor who does not charge exorbitant prices, your search ends right here. For more information, please respond to this message.

Mary antarmaninnersoul@gmail.com

message 13: by K.J. (new)

K.J. Kabza (kjkabza) | 13 comments Hi there,

I'm Zack from CraveReads and I wanted to let you know that book promotion slots for April are now available and our new system allows for you to schedule promotions as early as 48 hours in advance!

My team and I would love to have the opportunity to feature one of your books in your next promotion on my eBook and audiobook promotion site, CraveReads. We're a growing community of voracious readers.

Features begin at only $7.99. Oh, and we also refund orders if you aren't 100% satisfied with the results. It may seem like a small thing, but it's a guiding principle for how we run this service and it's definitely the reason why CraveReads has been such a success.

You can submit a feature at:
https://cravereads.com/book-promotion...

The link above also points you to where you can read reviews of our service
We look forward to promoting your work!

message 14: by Gail (new)

Gail Gibbs (gailanngibbs) | 36 comments Who can turn down the $10,000USD Spirity (?) Award, $10,000 monthly and 52 million viewers? Me, I guess...

Dear Author,
I’m Qian Yu, a Content Editor from Webnovel - Tencent Literature. A subsidiary of Tencent.
I would like to cordially invite you to enter Webnovel Spirity Awards Spring 2020 to win up to USD10,000 by writing your story! I've briefly read through your work and it appeals to me on a personal level! I feel that your writing style and novel will do well on our platform.
WSA Spring 2020 contest details: [a link here, but it would be seriously foolish to click on it]
Who are we: [another link]
Aside from joining the contest, we'd also like to invite you to publish your novels on our website with a reach of 52 million readers, there are no limitations on the novels, old or new, completed or serialised, as long as you own the copyrights of the works. All novels have the chance to get contracted, and each contracted novel will earn at least 800USD. We eagerly await your reply, and you potentially joining our list of top authors that are earning up to 10,000 USD monthly.More author benefits: [again a link]
For more information, you can join our discord server: [another link]
Or if you want to reach out personally,
You can contact me via my email/Discord at [again a link] Discord: [linkidy, link] Email: [link, link, link]

message 15: by Andres (new)

Robert said to you:
Hi,

I want to review your book in exchange of a review copy. You can email me a copy at awesomebooks455@gmail.com. Please note that I am unable to download gift copies so kindly don’t email me those. Also, I don’t check messages here often so, if you have any questions please email me directly. Thanks

message 16: by Doug (new)

Doug Shidell Andres wrote: "Robert said to you:
Hi,

I want to review your book in exchange of a review copy. You can email me a copy at awesomebooks455@gmail.com. Please note that I am unable to download gift copies so kind..."

Andres, Thank you for this thread. I received an email through my website from Lynette Kling from awesomebooks455@gmail.com. It sounded suspicious, so I googled the email address and your thread popped up.

I also received a message on Goodreads from Sheila Sage with the same text body "Please note that I am unable..." I checked her profile. It is private and has zero reviews.

message 17: by Andres (new)

@Doug,

You're very welcome sir. I'm not sure what exactly these individuals want. Are they simply trying to read free books? Are they translating our work into another language and making money off of us? If they were simply avid readers I don't think there would be a need for that amount of inconsistency.

message 18: by Rich (new)

Rich Elvers (rich_elvers) | 1 comments I also got the email but from bsolbooks5@gmail.com. She visited my website and let a weird email for me from awesomebooks455@gmail.com. I sent both to abuse@gmail.com and flagged them to Goodreads.

"I want to review your book in exchange of a review copy. You can email me a copy at bsolbooks5@gmail.com. Please note that I am unable to download gift copies so kindly don’t email me those. Also, I don’t check messages here often so, if you have any questions please email me directly. I am also a beta reader. Thanks"

message 19: by Adria (new)

Adria Carmichael | 5 comments I got this one today. Same message, different address:

Hi,

I want to review your book in exchange of a review copy. You can email me a copy at bookstomatch@gmail.com. Please note that I am unable to download gift copies so kindly don’t email me those. Also, I don’t check messages here often so, if you have any questions please email me directly. I am also a beta reader. Thanks

message 20: by Adria (new)

Adria Carmichael | 5 comments And this one as well (I'm popular today :) )

marthasp6s@gmail.com

Hi,

Thanks for your interest in our service. You can read all the details here:

http://amazebookreviews.com/book-revi...

SPECIAL NOTE: This is NOT a paid review service. You are not paying us for "reviews". We merely “put your book in front of our reviewers and book bloggers”, so to speak.

Please note: The low prices are available only for a short time as we are trying to build a decent client base; we suggest that you take advantage of them now while they last; once you lock yourself in the current pricing structure, you will be charged at the same rate for all your future orders even if our prices increase for the general public. We also offer bulk discounts if you order services for more than one book.

For books which are yet to be published: Additional 10% off on super and premium for promotions which are paid for in advance. If your release date is in future you can take advantage of this.

message 21: by Andres (last edited Jan 19, 2021 10:40AM) (new)

If You Want Amazon Reviews...
"Larry L. Martin" patricidy6r@gmail.com

Hi,

I organize book review tours for Amazon authors. Are you interested in getting more reviews for your book? I have a large network consisting of more than 30K ACTIVE and FAST book reviewers. Additionally, I am also connected with 2,000 book bloggers. If you are looking for honest reviews for your book, I can help you.

message 22: by Andres (new)

Adria wrote: "And this one as well (I'm popular today :) )

marthasp6s@gmail.com

Hi,

http://amazebookreviews.com/book-revi......"

Adria, this one sounds more like an advertisement service. It's not often I don't see the, "I'm not a kindle unlimited member" or "Send me a review copy for a free review."
It's so enticing for a new author to WANT reviews. It makes me wonder how many authors they get to pull out their credit cards. As they saying goes, "Its hard to trick someone out of a million dollars but it's easy to trick a million someone's for a dollar."

message 23: by Adria (new)

Adria Carmichael | 5 comments Andres wrote: "Adria wrote: "And this one as well (I'm popular today :) )

marthasp6s@gmail.com

Hi,

http://amazebookreviews.com/book-..."

Hi Andres,
Yes, at first glance it looks that way, but if you look closer you see that the site is classified as "not secure", there are no social media links, there are no links to the supposed book bloggers they are connected to, there is no contact information anywhere, no information about the person(s) running the site, no success stories (which I assume there would be if they have managed to accumulate a network of 30K book reviewers), and finally, when I googled the email address that proposed this site (marthasp6s@gmail.com), the first hit was a post on this Goodreads page (!!) from 2018 warning about the a scam with exactly the same phrasing as the mail I received :)

message 24: by Andres (new)

Adria wrote: "Andres wrote: "Adria wrote: "And this one as well (I'm popular today :) )

marthasp6s@gmail.com

Hi,

http://amazebookre..."

I'm so grateful for amazing detectives like yourself. I'm also glad that we posted this information here. Hopefully other Indie Authors follow your lead and google the random emails. Thank you for adding to the list. May we continue to help and protect each other.

message 25: by Andres (new)

Hello,

Would you like to have your book reviewed by a professional and
knowledgeable reviewer? I am Mary. I have been reviewing and editing
books for a very long time. I am also a beta reader. I read and review
books from ALL genres. If you are interested in any of these services,
feel free to respond to this message for samples and testimonials.

Mary Jane Anderson
fatlossplrryo@gmail.com

message 26: by Andres (new)

Subject: Do You Want REVIEWS and Exposure For Your Book?

Hi,
I am an organizer of Amazon book review tours. If you are looking for organic, honest book reviews on Amazon then my book tour is going to help you big time. I have more than 33K book reviewers and bloggers from various genres in my network. I target my book promos based on the genre(s) of the book and I accept books/ebooks/audiobooks from all genres. You can contact me for more details.

Charlotte K. Ham
docktradeg2@gmail.com

message 27: by Andres (new)

Subject: I'm an Amazon Book Reviewer
Hello,

I am going on break from college and will have 1 month of free time for reading. I would love to read some books! I am open to anything that is new and interesting, irrespective of genre! Please message me if you have anything for me to read and review. I can post reviews on Amazon and Goodreads. Thank you!

Cheryl Simmons
semiorbooks6@gmail.com

message 28: by Andres (new)

Andres,

Joseph has sent you a message on Goodreads!

Joseph said,

We would like the The Random Email thread to be deleted. We don't have any personal enmity with you and it would be better for you if you steer clear of our way too. We are very bad people so do not mess with us. Your Federal laws don't apply to us coz we don't live in our country. Also, regardless of what you post, WE ARE DOING IT WITH FUCKING INDIES FOR LAST 5 YEARS AND WILL CONTINUE TO DO SO WITH OUR UNIQUE AND CREATIVE WAYS. You won't be able to stop us. Okay asshole? SO better delete the thread and shut the fuck up. You have rated your own book 5 stars so who the hell are you in judging and defaming us when you haven't even tried us.

When you do it, we will remove the sh*t. Don't worry, we have 100s of accounts here. ;)

THIS ACCOUNT, CREATED WITH A FAKE EMAIL AND IP, WILL BE DELETED BY US SHORTLY. DON'T BOTHER TRACKING US. BYE.

Reply to this message

Enjoy!

message 29: by Adria (new)

Adria Carmichael | 5 comments Holy crap!!

message 30: by Andres (new)

Adria wrote: "Holy crap!!"

Well they weren't bluffing lol. I received several 1 star reviews in a matter of minutes. Another author contacted me and stated they did the same to her but demanded money to remove the reviews. I'm speaking with goodreads right now to see if they have someone that polices this scam. I'll keep you informed.

message 31: by Andres (new)

Hello,

Mary Jane Anderson here, with a Masters in English literature and a substantial experience in reviewing, beta reading and editing books as a professional. I have plenty of happy customers whose honest testimonials enrich my website. If you are looking for an erudite and professional book reviewer, beta reader or editor, you can connect with me for more information.

Regards,
Mary Jane
authorsrevyt87@gmail.com

message 32: by Andres (new)

Great news. Goodreads cleared the malicious 1 star reviews on the books. I'll paste the response from them when I get a chance. I'm happy to say they were able to investigate the incident and clear all the malicious activity. Hopefully it stops, it has to be a pain to create another 24 accounts but, some people have a lot of time on their hands.

message 33: by Adria (new)

Adria Carmichael | 5 comments Great to hear!!

message 34: by Andres (new)

Hi Andres,

Thank you for your message, though we're so sorry to hear about this situation. Creating fake accounts for the sole purpose of inflating or deflating a book's average rating violates our Community Guidelines. We have looked into the accounts you reported, and as several of them raised a number of our standard red flags for illegitimacy, they have been removed from the site.

We also strive to maintain an open and accepting community at Goodreads, and content that includes ad hominem attacks or other potentially abusive material is not permitted on the site. We carefully review all the content flagged to our attention, and we take appropriate action on any items that violate our Community Guidelines.

We want you to have a positive and comfortable experience on Goodreads and we value your help reporting this. Please rest assured we are working with our engineering teams to investigate possible solutions to prevent this from happening in the future. We appreciate your patience during the process.

If you have any further questions or concerns, or if this situation escalates in any way, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Sincerely,
The Goodreads Team

message 35: by Andres (new)

Adria wrote: "Great to hear!!"

Thanks Adria. How's everything going? You writing anything lately?