What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA novel about a girl getting killed in the woods

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 2 comments I read the first part of this book back in 2002/2003. It was about a girl that got killed in the woods by her bf (I think) who hit her over her head with a baseball bat. I remember that part being in her point of view. I only read the first part of it and this is the only part that has stuck with me all these years.

message 2: by Gillian (new)

Gillian Wiseman (gillianwiseman) | 193 comments Was it a contemporary setting? Was it in the US? Do you remember the cover of the book?

Was the book a mystery about solving her death? Or was there some other plot?

message 3: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 2 comments I wish I could remember more about it, I was 13 at the time so it has been a long long time. It is a mystery novel, but I can’t remember the plot of it. I think it was about solving her death, but again it’s been so long I can’t remember all the details of it. Sorry I don’t have much more info on it.

message 4: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6965 comments Mod
Aahhh to be young enough to think that 16 years was "so long ago". I will admit to hunting books from 50 or more years ago. And even that wasn't that long ago according to some. The year before she died my Gran stated, "If you are under 81 you are a child and I don't want to hear it from you. If you are under 61 you are a baby and I really don't want to hear it from you." Grandmama was 102 when she died, so I figure she had the right to decide who was a child and who was a baby. I still miss her--she used to come up with some of the best sayings. Oh, and her oldest sister was 106 when she died, and according to my Great-aunt, Grandmama was a CHILD. lol, it's all in how you look at it I guess.

But the real reason you are having problems remembering what it was about is because those teenaged years are stuffed so full of learning that you're lucky you remembered to take your head with you when you left the house. (Another of Grandmama's sayings, by the way.)

Your book sounds really interesting Lauren and I hope we can get it found quickly. But, just in case, come back every 30 to 90 days and bump it back up the queue so that people remember it.

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40687 comments Mod
Lauren, are you still looking for this or did you find it?