The Sword and Laser discussion

What Else Are You Reading? > Book recommendations by some of the greats!

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristina (new)

Kristina | 588 comments As if our to read lists weren't long enough. I'll probably be adding some of these to mine.

http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles...

message 2: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Swerbensky  | 75 comments I love the Patrick Rothfuss recommended Little House. I've been contemplating on giving my boys those books to read, wondering if they might be too girly for them (They're still at the age where they don't want people to know they like girly things). I'll just use his description for them and see if my 11 year old agrees.

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris (kvolk) Jack Vance is pretty good but not always the easiest writer to follow.

message 4: by Julio (new)

Julio (juliosd) | 16 comments George Martin also recommended Bernard Cornwell, a historical fiction writer. His take on the King Arthur tale is still one of my favorite genre books.

message 5: by Pat (new)

Pat (patthebadger) | 100 comments I'm a big fan of Bernard Cornwell & I'm glad GRRM has given him a name-check. His current series The Warrior Chronicles Books 1-6 is awesome.

message 6: by Kristina (new)

Kristina | 588 comments Uhtred is one of my favorite characters ever.

message 7: by Ken (new)

Ken (kanthr) | 334 comments Vance and Cornwell are the best choices from that list, imo.

message 8: by David Sven (new)

David Sven (gorro) | 1582 comments Add my plus +1 for Cornwell's Warrior Chronicles and Saxon Stories