What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA Historical Romance: Plain Jane bluestocking woman is a scientist(?), falls in love with her brother's best friend, she's naive, library scene.

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Prescilla (new)

Prescilla | 2 comments This book is about a plain Jane blue stocking woman, who is a scientist I guess. She falls in love with her Brothers best friend. I remember a scene out of the book, where the heroine is hiding in the loft in the library and finds the hero kissing another woman. Another scene,is where she goes on a field trip and falls down in mud. The heroine is an naive and doesn't know about love or love making, she only knows what she's read in her books.

I have tried searching through Google search and various search engines, since I don't have character names or specific details I haven't been able to locate this book. It be great if you could help.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36623 comments Mod
A long shot - The Unlikely Lady by Valerie Bowman?

Prescilla, around what year did you read this book? This will help narrow down the search.

What's the time period and location (country, region, big city/small town)?

What's the tone - for older adults or young adults (teens), romantic, angsty, steamy/clean, funny, etc.?

Tips for posting a book request: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 3: by Spockles (new)

Spockles | 199 comments Maybe something on this list:

https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/7...

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40687 comments Mod
Prescilla, please add some plot details to your header since thousands of members are also looking for historical romance.

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36623 comments Mod
I added plot details to the topic header. Feel free to update it (without spoilers) using the small "edit" link on the desktop website (not the mobile app).

message 6: by Prescilla (new)

Prescilla | 2 comments The Tone - young adults, there are no steamy scenes. Not that I recall of.

I read this book 4 years ago. I'm not sure about the time period

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40687 comments Mod
Prescilla, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Unlikely Lady (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Valerie Bowman (other topics)