#HPReadathon2018 discussion

#HPReadathon2018 > OOTP: Harry's anger

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Drew (new)

Drew (thataleech) | 40 comments Mod
Did Harry have a right to be angry all the time?
- Was there a reason for all his angst or was he just acting out?
- Was he right to treat his friends the way he did?
- Was there a way in which he could have approached different situations differently?
- How could different people in his life have supported him in this rough time?

message 2: by Elisa (new)

Elisa (ravenclaw_patronus) | 29 comments He should have not been as angry, but I understand why he was angry. His friends knew so much about what was happening and he didn't. I would have been angry myself. But he shouldn't have acted out. He could have calmly said everything he was because after all, his friends were just doing what Dumbledore told them to do which was to keep quiet.

message 3: by Helena (new)

Helena Ravenclaw (ladyravenclaw) | 2 comments Harry had a right. Yes he is impulsive sometimes but like nobody told him anything. A month before he saw Voldemort again, he saw Cédric dying, he nearly got killed again by a man who he thought was his DADA teacher but he is stuck with the family who gave him hell for 10 years. His two best friends spend their summer together and (what Harry believes) are having fun together. Without him. I totally understand why he acted out like this and it gave me so much satisfaction when Hedwig really picked on Ron and Hermione because Hedwig and Harry really were best friends and this makes me soft.

message 4: by Jem (new)

Jem (fandompatronus) | 8 comments Mod
Yep, I completely understand his anger, And even though he did take it out on Ron and Hermione sometimes, I really don't blame him. Tbh if I were them i would have ignored Dumbledore and sent him mail anyway. Dumbledore is an absolute idiot who didn't inform Harry at all, so he has every right to be angry.

message 5: by Abbie (new)

Abbie Wells | 24 comments I completely sympathise with him, I know I definitely would've acted in a similar way. Harry was cut off from the wizarding world, had to endure the dursleys, faced two dementors, constantly relived the night of Cedric's death and the found out that his two best friends spent the summer together and had kept secrets from him to an extent.