Addicted to YA discussion

Miscellaneous > YA books for Library

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jaide (new)

Jaide | 1 comments Hi everyone, I work at a small Library and read a lot of YA.
I have just taken over the book selection for the YA section of the Library and I was wondering if I could please get everyone's opinions on what you think we should buy?
We mostly just buy new releases but if there was an older book that everyone loves then I'd get that one also.
Even though I read YA I'm a little worried that I won't end up getting a wide range of books since I mostly just like fantasy.

Alice-Elizabeth (Prolific Reader Alice) (marriedtobooks44) | 70 comments Jaide wrote: "Hi everyone, I work at a small Library and read a lot of YA.
I have just taken over the book selection for the YA section of the Library and I was wondering if I could please get everyone's opinio..."

Hi Jaide, I recently helped to create a list of YA books for my local public library. Are you still looking for some help? :)

message 3: by Louie (new)

Louie | 382 comments Here are some of my YA Favorites by genre:

Contemporary: Gemini by Sonya Mukherjee Far from the Tree by Robin Benway P.S. I Like You by Kasie West Geekerella by Ashley Poston Every Soul a Star by Wendy Mass Good Enough by Paula Yoo

Fantasy: An Enchantment of Ravens by Margaret Rogerson Witchtown by Cory Putman Oakes The Hazel Wood (The Hazel Wood, #1) by Melissa Albert Piper by Jay Asher Ever by Gail Carson Levine

Historical Fiction: Red Moon at Sharpsburg by Rosemary Wells You Bring the Distant Near by Mitali Perkins Together Apart by Dianne E. Gray Flygirl by Sherri L. Smith Fever 1793 by Laurie Halse Anderson Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O'Dell

Realistic Fiction: Over the Moon by Elissa Haden Guest Silver (Sarabeth, #1) by Norma Fox Mazer A Summer to Die by Lois Lowry The Year Without Michael by Susan Beth Pfeffer After the Rain by Norma Fox Mazer A Begonia for Miss Applebaum by Paul Zindel

Mystery: All Fall Down (Embassy Row, #1) by Ally Carter Before I Let Go by Marieke Nijkamp This Is Our Story by Ashley Elston R.I.P. Eliza Hart by Alyssa B. Sheinmel

Retellings: Just Ella (The Palace Chronicles, #1) by Margaret Peterson Haddix As Old As Time (Twisted Tales, #3) by Liz Braswell Enter Three Witches by Caroline B. Cooney Heartless by Marissa Meyer

message 4: by C.J. (new)

C.J. Godwin | 5 comments If you liked HCA's 'The Little Mermaid', check out my YA series Mystic Tides it takes place in modern times, 200 years after the original tale. It is kind of a continuation but it focuses on her sisters and their descendants.

message 5: by Frank-Intergalactic Bookdragon (last edited Jun 26, 2018 04:06PM) (new)

Frank-Intergalactic Bookdragon (intergalacticbookdragon) Series:
The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer, The Maze Runner Trilogy by James Dashner, Daughter of the Pirate King duology by Tricia Levenseller An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir, anything (or everything if you can) by Marie Lu, Leigh Bardugo, and Rick Riordan.
Standalones and series with only book one available:
The Epic Crush of Genie Lo (The Epic Crush of Genie Lo #1) by F.C. Yee The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air, #1) by Holly Black Blood and Sand by C.V. Wyk Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia Geekerella by Ashley Poston A Thousand Perfect Notes by C.G. Drews The Astonishing Color of After by Emily X.R. Pan

message 6: by Joi (new)

Joi | 232 comments Throne of Glass series, Shadow and Bone trilogy, Kasie West books, Morgan Matson books, The Hate U Give, Tiffany Sly Lives Here Now, All American Boys, Cinder series.

message 7: by Joi (new)

Joi | 232 comments Throne of Glass series, Shadow and Bone trilogy, Kasie West books, Morgan Matson books, The Hate U Give, Tiffany Sly Lives Here Now, All American Boys, Cinder series.

message 8: by Grayson (new)

Grayson Grave | 5 comments You could always add my book - Etty Steele Vampire Hunter. It’s a children’s/teen fantasy dealing with the theme of prejudice (and kicking vampire butt). Check it out ❤️

message 9: by Louie (new)

Louie | 382 comments Ella wrote: "This is an old book, but my favorite book of all time is "The Witch of Blackbird Pond."
It's historical fiction, and WOW! I've read it more times than I can even count!"

Yeah, this one is really good!