Books for Christian Teens Around the World discussion

Prayer Requests

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy Kathleen (new)

Amy Kathleen | 29 comments Mod
I am going to go visit my Grandpa today. I got word yesterday that he has been sick for about a week now and he is about eighty-something years old. Please pray for him to get well. Thank You!

message 2: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherinemurphy) It might not mean much to you since I've over the internet, but I will be praying for you and your family. I certainly hope your grandfather gets better soon. :) While I'm here, I might as well drop off a request:
There's a lot of things going on in my life and the stress is starting to weigh me down. A friend of mine is struggling and she often turns to me for advice. However, I have no idea how to help her at the moment, because we're on totally different pages in life. It's just... hard you know? Thanks. :)

message 3: by Amy Kathleen (new)

Catheirne wrote: "It might not mean much to you since I've over the internet, but I will be praying for you and your family. I certainly hope your grandfather gets better soon. :) While I'm here, I might as well dro..."

Catherine, thank you! And I will be praying for you as well. I've been there so I know how it feels to be in a position where your asked for advise, yet you need advise yourself and it can be very overwhelming sometimes. What I like to do at a difficult time like that is turn to the bible. My favorite thing to do-and what I also tell my sister to do- is to just randomly open the bible and God will lead you to the perfect verse. I pray you will feel better soon. :-) God Bless, Amy

message 4: by Amy Kathleen (new)

Catheirne wrote: "Catheirne wrote: "It might not mean much to you since I've over the internet, but I will be praying for you and your family. I certainly hope your grandfather gets better soon. :) While I'm here, I..."

Oh yes! I know that feeling. I just started reading the book Lady in Waiting and it's helped me a lot (even though I'm only on chapter two). Though I'm afraid it's slightly advanced for me, but I've heard there are other versions of the book for younger girls. But since I already own the book I'll just finish this one. ;-)

message 5: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherinemurphy) Amy Kathleen wrote: "Catheirne wrote: "It might not mean much to you since I've over the internet, but I will be praying for you and your family. I certainly hope your grandfather gets better soon. :) While I'm here, I..."

Lady in Waiting... it sounds familiar. I'll look into that. :)

message 6: by Amy Kathleen (new)

Joshua wrote: "Amy Kathleen wrote: "I am going to go visit my Grandpa today. I got word yesterday that he has been sick for about a week now and he is about eighty-something years old. Please pray for him to get ..."

Thank you!

message 7: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherinemurphy) Hello everyone. :) Well, I'm back in this topic, and it won't be the last time I ask for prayer.
Amy, I did what you recommended and looked in my Bible. Last (Sunday) night, I opened up my Bible, but nothing really spoke to me. Exhausted, I left it open on my bedside table and went to sleep. When I woke up this morning, though, a few pages had turned in the book. The first verse that caught my eye was Psalm 119:71: "It was good for me to be afflicted so that I might learn your decrees." And that hit me hard. So I guess my prayer request is that I learn in my afflictions and become who God wants me to be. Thanks!

message 8: by Amy Kathleen (new)

Catherine wrote: "Hello everyone. :) Well, I'm back in this topic, and it won't be the last time I ask for prayer.
Amy, I did what you recommended and looked in my Bible. Last (Sunday) night, I opened up my Bible, ..."

That's great Catherine! I will be praying for you!

message 9: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherinemurphy) Thank you so much for the advice, Amy. :) And thanks for praying for me. :)

message 10: by Amy Kathleen (new)

Anytime ;-)