Books for Christian Teens Around the World discussion

Steer Clear...

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy Kathleen (last edited Aug 02, 2014 07:28PM) (new)

Amy Kathleen | 29 comments Mod
Please share books you know of to steer clear from. It's important to God that we don't put nasty thoughts in our heads, so please share! Oh, and make sure to explain why we shouldn't read them too.

message 2: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherinemurphy) Hmm, I recommend you steer clear of Message in a Bottle by Nicholas Sparks. It was a good book, but it still had some explicit content that probably isn't great to put in Christian minds. Mistakes made, lessons learned. :)

message 3: by Amy Kathleen (new)

Dully noted. ;-) Thanks for sharing!

message 4: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey (Books for Christian Girls) (booksforchristiangirls) | 17 comments Oh boy do I (sadly!) have some for this list!
A Heart's Rebellion (London Encounters #2) by Ruth Axtell Raw Deal by Dayo Benson Born of Persuasion (Price of Privilege, #1) by Jessica Dotta Mark of Distinction (Price of Privilege, #2) by Jessica Dotta Back to Resolution by Rose Dee Touching the Clouds (Alaskan Skies, #1) by Bonnie Leon A Hope Undaunted (Winds of Change, #1) by Julie Lessman Bridge to Haven by Francine Rivers Texas Heat Lone Star Intrigue #1 by Debra White Smith

Axtell, Ruth – “A Heart's Rebellion”
Benson, Dayo – “Raw Deal”
Dotta, Jessica – “Born of Persuasion”
Dotta, Jessica – “Mark of Distinction”
Dee, Rose – “Back to Resolution”
Leon, Bonnie – “Touching the Clouds”
Lessman, Julie – “A Hope Undaunted”
Rivers, Francine –“Bridge to Haven”
Smith, Debra White – “Texas Heat: Lone Star Intrigue”

All of these of consider "Christian" as they as published by a Christian publisher or because the main character goes to church. Most of these I have reviews up on my blog of, but they all are very s*xual. :( Especially “Bridge to Haven”. :(

message 5: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherinemurphy) I forgot to add a few:
Eden, Dorothy - "Afternoon Walk"
King, A.S. - "Everybody Sees the Ants"
Grant, Michael - "Eve & Adam"
Green, John - "The Fault in Our Stars"

All of them were good books, except they included cuss words and s*xual scenes. ("Everybody Sees the Ants" was also somewhat scary when describing certain scenes. Gruesome and appalling. :( )

message 6: by Grace (last edited Dec 06, 2014 09:15PM) (new)

Grace | 1 comments Do not read this book:Girl Parts

I din't finish it (which I rarely do) because it was so bad. There was a fare amount of swearing and people being overly creepy and stupid. Afterwards I read some of the reviews and was glad I stopped when I did (also wish that I'd read them before starting it).

message 7: by Amy Kathleen (new)

Thank you for sharing!! Those are exactly the books I don't like. I think my sister started reading one called Ghost and the Goth that swore a ton too, so steer clear of that one too!

message 8: by Alana (new)

Alana H | 3 comments I got halfway into Lost Stars before it got SERIOUSLY bad. Completely inappropriate situations.

message 10: by Amy Kathleen (new)

Thanks for sharing, Alana!
God Bless,
Amy Kathleen
Alana wrote: "Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West"