This topic is about The Narrow Path
Amish Group Reads > August's Book - The Narrow Path by Gail Sattler

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 340 comments Mod
Please join us this month in reading The Narrow Path by Gail Sattler

The Narrow Path by Gail Sattler

Miranda feels like she s been transported back to Little House On The Prairie, and Ted s head spins when Miranda reads the Bible on her cell phone. Yet Miranda Klassen and Ted Wiebe must find a way to make peace to meet their common goal to open the doors of Ted s Old Order Mennonite church and community. Will they also find love in the process?

Participation in group reads is not mandatory, but we'd love to hear your thoughts if you have read this book! If you think you may be revealing a major part of the book for those who haven't read or finished it yet, please use spoiler tags as found under the (some html is ok) link above the comment box.

Barbara (goodreadscombarbara_beers) | 1468 comments Mod
I have NEVER been able to be the first one to post a comment on a group read and I am excited. I finished this morning and I enjoyed it a lot. Some of the dialog was rather simple, but then I thought abobut the characters that were speaking and it fell into place.

I got very hungry reading it and I wish some of the recipes were in the back -- sausage with apples sounds wonderful. I'm going to start The Path to Piney Meadows later this afternoon.

⚜️Trea (duskrider3740) I've got a lot of books on my plate for the month, so I wanted to read this one first to make sure I got it read, since I'm the one who nominated it! This is actually my second time for reading it, and both times I have found it to be just an okay read. I won't spoil it for others, but my main problems revolve around Miranda. I'll probably look to read the sequel at some point, but I won't be purchasing it.

Lisa conner (ptl44lmc) | 99 comments I have read this book,I enjoyed it ,good read! I won't say much about cuz I don't to b a spoiler!

Rachel Brand I wasn't sure if I'd manage to read this book, but I've managed to consume a fair few books while feeding the baby! Very grateful for my Kindle, which allows me to read one-handed, and start a new book without having to get up from the sofa and peruse my bookshelves :)

I really liked the concept of this book and the clash of two cultures who aren't all that dissimilar in their roots and values. It was definitely a fun, interesting read, especially with the details about the Christmas play and all the work involved in putting it together. That said, there wasn't anything that really pushed it out of the "fun read" category and into "I loved it!" Because the book wasn't that long and yet it covered an entire year, it felt like some scenes were missing, especially relating to the development of Miranda and Ted's relationship. Did anyone else feel like the ending was a bit of a surprise or rushed?

message 6: by Tina (new) - rated it 1 star

Tina Watson | 222 comments I couldn't get into the book :(
I read 5 to 6 chapters and gave up on it.
Not sure what was lacking for me to not enjoy it.

Carolyn E | 239 comments I really enjoyed this book. However, I did feel like the ending was a bit rushed.