MyNextList (former FictFact) Users discussion

Series Category

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stacey (new)

Stacey | 2 comments Is there a way that FictFact could add a category for series that we stopped reading? I'd like to track what I have read but I'd also like to show somehow that I quit reading the series so the next books don't continue to show up in that queue. PS I love the site and I use it almost daily as a resource.

message 2: by Deborah (new)

Deborah | 17 comments You can make your own lists and you can remove books from the next book list while still following the series.

message 3: by Brian (new)

Brian Kirsten | 41 comments Mod
Stacey wrote: "Is there a way that FictFact could add a category for series that we stopped reading? I'd like to track what I have read but I'd also like to show somehow that I quit reading the series so the nex..."
If you want to keep that reading info but not keep track of the series in your next book list, then head over to your Next Book List and select "Remove from next books" for the book in that series that you're tracking.

message 4: by Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) (last edited Aug 01, 2014 07:16PM) (new)

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) I have been clicking "Skipped" for next books in series I no longer read. (Plus I seldom read the shorter works in between the full length novels so I "skip" them as well).

I know I can stop following a series; but, I prefer seeing what I did read and that I deliberately was skipping rather than that it was a series new-to-me.

I think it would be a good idea, like the original poster suggested, for fictfact to add something you could click to denote you were abandoning a series and stop including it in "next books" and on the new release calendars when you filter to see just the new releases for your series.

message 5: by Deborah (new)

Deborah | 17 comments D.A.-bully victims suffer more than a ★ on their commercial product wrote: "I have been clicking "Skipped" for next books in series I no longer read. (Plus I seldom read the shorter works in between the full length novels so I "skip" them as well).

I know I can stop foll..."

I use skipped for the short works, but I wish there could actually be two versions of some series. One version with the short stories and one without. I would follow both versions so I could see the next story and the next book.

message 6: by Teri Pre (new)

Teri Pre | 89 comments What Debbie said.

message 7: by Stacey (new)

Stacey | 2 comments Yeah I definitely think there is a need for another category still.

message 8: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) I would also like a separate category for abandoned series. I do remove the ones I have stopped reading from the next book list but the series still appears on the master list and I would prefer being able to separate it out.