What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Dreamer, Wisher, Liar
This topic is about Dreamer, Wisher, Liar
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Time Travel, Middle grade book with teal color cover. Girl finds a jar with notes in it while cleaning her basement/attic. Spoiler ahead. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Nora Glass | 11 comments So I read this book I'd say between 2013 and 2016. It's about a girl who finds a jar while clearing out her basement. The jar has notes in it, and whenever she reads one, she travels and watches and girl progress through life with her best friend. The cover was sort of teal and a middle grade book. It gave me When You Reach Me vibes. Plot twist at the end. Thanks!

Nora Glass | 11 comments SPOILERS AHEAD

So it turns out that the girls the h is watching is actually her mom and mom's ex-Best friend. Girl confronts mom.

SPOILERS END

Also I think I remember the two girls making some sort of cookie together. The memories would be like, h picks up paper that says ex: our sleepover. Would then be transported to a "memory" of the two girls having a sleepover. h could not be seen and was just a spectator. (Comparable to watching memories in Harry Potter. ) Because of this, the memories are watched in random order, or maybe reverse. I forgot. h watches the story of two girls becoming the best of friends and then having a big fight. If I remember right, the jar was found when h and mom are cleaning out basement/attic when jar is found. h asks to keep jar, mom agrees.

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36605 comments Mod
Nora, I added some plot details to the topic header. Feel free to update it (without spoilers) by using the small "edit" link on the desktop website (not the mobile app).

Nora Glass | 11 comments Yes, that's it! Thanks! Can someone move this to solved?