Horror Aficionados discussion

Group Reads > July 2018 Group Read Nominations #2

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jon Recluse (new)

Jon Recluse | 12043 comments Mod
As I mentioned in the first July 2018 Group Read nomination thread, Brian Keene needs our help. So for this second set of nominations, we are dedicating them to Mary SanGiovanni, Brian's fair lady, and an awesome author in her own right.

Let's show everyone that HA is more than just a group of horror fans...we're family.

message 2: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Zaccaria | 161 comments I'd like to nominate Savage Woods because I'm always down for some NJ Pine Barrens horror!

message 3: by Dylan (new)

Dylan | 22 comments I nominate Mary because we don't do enough group reads by female authors.

message 4: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Zaccaria | 161 comments Sherri wrote: "I nominate Mary because we don't do enough group reads by female authors."

I think it's already decided we're going to read a book by each of them. This thread is for specifically deciding which book by Mary!

message 5: by Latasha (new)

Latasha (latasha513) | 11288 comments Mod
Jamie wrote: "I'd like to nominate Savage Woods because I'm always down for some NJ Pine Barrens horror!"

yeah! that sounds good.

message 6: by Latasha (new)

Latasha (latasha513) | 11288 comments Mod
A Darkling Plain would be good too. a collection of some of her short stories.

message 7: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (kimberly_3238) | 6449 comments Mod
Chills by Mary SanGiovanni is my nomination, but I will purchase and read whatever book wins in both polls for July.

message 8: by M.E. (new)

M.E. | 409 comments I'll second Chills and A Darkling Plain

message 9: by Melanie (new)

Melanie | 1656 comments Chills by Mary SanGiovanni
This looks really fun, it's my nomination.

message 10: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 515 comments Chills sounds fun indeed.

message 11: by Joseph (new)

Joseph VanBuren I have been wanting to read one of Mary SanGiovanni's books as well. Looking forward to buying and reading whatever title gets chosen.

message 12: by Michael (new)

Michael Hicks (michaelpatrickhicks) | 989 comments CHILLS was a great read. I'm going to toss in The Hollower for nomination.

message 13: by Maura (new)

Maura (mauraps) | 32 comments Jamie wrote: "I'd like to nominate Savage Woods because I'm always down for some NJ Pine Barrens horror!"

Same!

message 14: by Kimberly (new)

Michael wrote: "CHILLS was a great read. I'm going to toss in The Hollower for nomination."

I haven't read that one yet, and want to actually purchase a book to help out, so I'll second The Hollower by Mary SanGiovanni .

message 15: by L. Smashing (new)

L. Smashing (l_smashing) | 80 comments Jamie wrote: "I'd like to nominate Savage Woods because I'm always down for some NJ Pine Barrens horror!"

Yeah, I'm down for that.

Is there other NJ Pine Barrens horror you'd recommend?

message 16: by Ami (new)

Ami | 210 comments Yes, Chills looks fun!

message 17: by Aiko (new)

Aiko (aikoa) | 3 comments For Emmy... I would love to read that one!

message 18: by Chris (new)

Chris Adler (chrisadler) I've never read any of Mary's work so this is a great opportunity. I'll go with whatever the popular vote is!

message 19: by Pixelina (new)

Pixelina | 63 comments anyone of those are good for me but i am leaning towards chills.

message 20: by Tyler (new)

Tyler J Gray (wickedjr89) | 926 comments I've read Savage Woods by her, I liked it. I don't know if I can fit in both group reads this month (i'll at least do the first one) but i'll see if I can, at least i'll pop in and see comments :) I'm definitely interested to read more by her.

message 21: by Marie (new)

Marie | 3718 comments I nominate Chills too! I have been wanting to read it!

message 22: by Kim (new)

Kim Coate Behind the door is my nomination.

message 23: by Kim (new)

Kim Coate nevermind about my nomination. lol
it doesn't come out until the end of August.

message 24: by Kimberly (new)

Kim wrote: "nevermind about my nomination. lol
it doesn't come out until the end of August."

It is on NetGalley, but not for purchase... Great to pick up, but won't help if you want to order something to help support...

message 25: by Ami (new)

Ami | 210 comments well, even if you got it on NetCalley, you can always pick up a different book (one that didn't win the poll) just to help out. :3

message 26: by Kimberly (new)

Ami wrote: "well, even if you got it on NetCalley, you can always pick up a different book (one that didn't win the poll) just to help out. :3"

Exactly!! :D One can NEVER have too many books!

message 27: by Cat (new)

Cat | 2 comments i cannot pick a book. I want to read them all. I will let the fans here decide the book. Cannot wait.

message 28: by Sonya (new)

Sonya marie madden | 836 comments I'll read anything. First time for this author

message 29: by Lena (new)

Lena | 2495 comments Couldn’t find the link so I’ll just say that I bought an audiobook of Chills and I’m starting today.

message 30: by Kimberly (new)

I have the Thunderstorm Books edition of CHILLS--The Blue People. Will definitely be joining in!!

message 31: by Lena (new)

Lena | 2495 comments Sweet!

message 32: by Ami (new)

Ami | 210 comments I will be buying my copy today so it will arrive quickly I hope!