Red Dress Ink Fans discussion

Random Questions

Comments Showing 1-50 of 301 (301 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

message 1: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (stacymarie913) | 5567 comments Mod
I thought I'd start a new thread that I think would be fun - asking random questions about books or whatever. :) It'll be a great way to get to know small tidbits about each other, should you choose to answer, that is. ;)

First question: What game are you addicted to on your phone or tablet? And if you wouldn't go so far as to say it's an addiction, what game do you play the most?

For me, I did have an addiction to all the "story" games - pet shop story, zoo story 2, bakery story, restaurant story, fashion story....one by one, I stopped playing them because I ran out of challenges. Finally I was down to pet shop and zoo and I had a goal to buy all the animals available. But then I got tired of the constant checking in to get money so I finally said I was done and deleted both of them. :)

Now, I play a game called Mirrors of Albion, it's one of those object finder games and yeah, you could say it's a mild addiction. It wasn't when I first started playing it, but now I have to at least check in every day or else I won't get the prize. It's one of those ones that if you check in every day, you get a prize and part of another, bigger, prize. But in order to get the bigger one, you have to check in every day for X number of days to get it. The only frustrating thing is the "energy" needed to search for the objects. I hate when I run out. :) But I refuse to pay real money to get more and let it refill on its own.

message 2: by Bianca (new)

Bianca (bbollinger) | 761 comments Stacy, what a great idea!

I remember playing Restaurant Story and Bakery story too. My absolute favorite are games that are similar to Diner Dash. You know what I'm talking about? Customers come in and you have to place them at tables, take their order, bring food, etc. I think Restaurant Story and Bakery Story were similar - at least from what I remember. There's one I have on my iPad that's very similar, but it's a haunted mansion where you take guests to their room, bring them whatever they want, etc. It's cute because there's a vampire guest, ghost, werewolf, etc. I can't remember the name of it, though. And I always stop playing it randomly.

For a while I was addicted to QuizUp. SO fun. And now I'm trying to play Guess the Emoji, but it's soooo frustrating! Haha.

message 3: by Stacy (last edited Aug 01, 2014 12:01PM) (new)

Bianca wrote: "Stacy, what a great idea!

I remember playing Restaurant Story and Bakery story too. My absolute favorite are games that are similar to Diner Dash. You know what I'm talking about? Customers come i..."

Yeah, I think I have one like what you're talking about - Sally's Salon. I also have Diner Dash, but I'm sad because I beat it. :( And I have a couple different versions of Cake Mania...I think I beat one of those too. LOL! Those games frustrate the hell out of me sometimes!

message 4: by Stacy (new)

Have you ever met any professional sports athletes, writers, or anyone in the media (could be movies, TV shows, news, singers, bands, etc.)?

Let me see....

Writers: Janet Evanovich, Kierstin White, Jen Lancaster, Emily Giffin, Stacey Ballis, Sarah Pekkanen, and Jane Green. (I'd like to put Jennifer Weiner in there too, but I didn't get in her line.)

Movies, TV, News, Singers, Bands - Lou Ferrigno (played The Hulk on the original TV series), Don Diamont (Brad from The Young and the Restless), Morgan Lander (from the band Kittie), Brian Vander Ark (from the band The Verve Pipe), and I think that's it. I got an autograph from Sylvester Stalone, but it was from a stack of pamphlets he was signing and passing out to the crowd around him at a body-building convention (same place I met and talked to The Hulk - he didn't sign anything because he was trying to market his product). I didn't get any closer than 15 feet to him.

When I was a kid, I used to think that the radio DJs were celebrities and I stalked the one guy whenever he did events close to where we were going to be. I must've gotten his autograph three times before I realized how goofy I was being. :)

message 5: by Bianca (last edited Aug 04, 2014 01:53PM) (new)

Bianca (bbollinger) | 761 comments Wow, Stacy, you've met a so many famous people! And all those authors you've met...amazing!

Umm, you know the band 30 Seconds to Mars? I met them once and they all signed the leg of my jeans while I was wearing them. Guys were getting hats signed and girls were getting inappropriate areas signed haha. I figured jeans were a good (and appropriate) idea because I was wearing a really old pair that was ripped and I couldn't wear to school anyway. So yes, Jared Leto has touched my jeans! But now I can't find them anymore.

Oh, speaking of radio DJs, I met one of the famous radio personalities here in Dallas like 6 or 7 years ago. Haha. His name is Big Al. He also has a bar close to where I live.

But that's about it...I remember one time when I was little this girl and I were obsessed with Harry Potter and wanted all their autographs. So we sent out letters to all of the cast and got a few responses. Everyone who responded just sent a head shot with a printed autograph, but Hagrid's was the best. My friend said she wanted his signature for her bithday, so he sent her a birthday card and hand wrote a message and his signature!

message 6: by Jencey/ (new)

Jencey/ (jencey) | 754 comments Stacy,
I have met: Mary Kay Andrews, Claire Cook, Emily Giffin, Wendy Wax, Karen White, Susan Palmieri, Jen Lancaster, Patti Callahan Henry, Elin Hilderbrand, Jennifer Weiner, Lauren Weisberger, Joshilyn Jackson, and Beatrice (author of 100 Summers.

message 7: by Stacy (new)

Bianca wrote: "Wow, Stacy, you've met a so many famous people! And all those authors you've met...amazing!

Umm, you know the band 30 Seconds to Mars? I met them once and they all signed the leg of my jeans while..."

Oooh, Jared Leto and you can't find them?! LOL :) I have heard a few of their songs, they're pretty good.

Sounds like your radio personalities are a lot cooler than the ones here. Nobody here owns anything...at least not something public. Or if they do, it's not well known because I don't know about it. :)

That was a good idea, writing and asking for autographs (and super nice of you to send one as a birthday gift). I never thought to do that with my crushes as a kid (Patrick Swayze, Tom Cruise, Fred Savage and the Preferred Stock model, LOL), which is too bad because I totally would've worshiped them if I'd gotten any.

message 8: by Stacy (new)

Jencey/ wrote: "Stacy,
I have met: Mary Kay Andrews, Claire Cook, Emily Giffin, Wendy Wax, Karen White, Susan Palmieri, Jen Lancaster, Patti Callahan Henry, Elin Hilderbrand, Jennifer Weiner, Lauren Weisberger, J..."

Wow, that's quite the list! Being that you're in a mostly warm year round type area, not to mention a bigger city, you probably have ample opportunities to meet authors. Let me just say this - I'm jealous! :)

message 9: by Stacy (new)

So, speaking of childhood celebrity crushes (see message #7), who was your heart's desire as a kid?

My crush on Patrick Swayze is from watching Dirty Dancing almost daily. Tom Cruise is because of Top Gun, Fred Savage during The Wonder Years and the Preferred Stock model was from all my teen magazines - YM, Seventeen, etc. I think his name was Joel Beeson or somthing like that...yup, had to Google it. That was him, and what's better? We share the same birth date. :D

message 10: by Jencey/ (new)

Jencey/ (jencey) | 754 comments Stacy wrote: "Jencey/ wrote: "Stacy,
I have met: Mary Kay Andrews, Claire Cook, Emily Giffin, Wendy Wax, Karen White, Susan Palmieri, Jen Lancaster, Patti Callahan Henry, Elin Hilderbrand, Jennifer Weiner, Laur..."

:) Well if you all are interested Decatur Book Festival is coming up!

message 11: by Stacy (new)

Jencey/ wrote: "Stacy wrote: "Jencey/ wrote: "Stacy,
I have met: Mary Kay Andrews, Claire Cook, Emily Giffin, Wendy Wax, Karen White, Susan Palmieri, Jen Lancaster, Patti Callahan Henry, Elin Hilderbrand, Jennife..."

LOL, that's a little far out of my travel range for right now. :)

But thanks!

message 12: by Bianca (new)

Bianca (bbollinger) | 761 comments Stacy wrote: "So, speaking of childhood celebrity crushes (see message #7), who was your heart's desire as a kid?

My crush on Patrick Swayze is from watching Dirty Dancing almost daily. Tom Cruise is because of..."

Stacy wrote: "Bianca wrote: "Wow, Stacy, you've met a so many famous people! And all those authors you've met...amazing!

Umm, you know the band 30 Seconds to Mars? I met them once and they all signed the leg of..."

Stacy, can you believe I've never seen Dirty Dancing? I bought it a while ago and still haven't gotten around to watching it. Haha.

My celebrity crush when I was little was Leonardo DiCaprio. After I watched Titanic in theaters with my mom, I cried and cried for days because his character died. And did you guys ever play the game MASH as a kid? It's just a game you play on paper where you list people you would marry in the future, where you would live, number of kids, etc. And then you get a number and start crossing things off a list. Anyway, I always cheated so that I'd land on Leonardo as my future husband. Haha. I was such a weird kid.

message 13: by Bianca (new)

Bianca (bbollinger) | 761 comments Jencey/ wrote: "Stacy wrote: "Jencey/ wrote: "Stacy,
I have met: Mary Kay Andrews, Claire Cook, Emily Giffin, Wendy Wax, Karen White, Susan Palmieri, Jen Lancaster, Patti Callahan Henry, Elin Hilderbrand, Jennife..."

How fun! I want to go to a book festival! I'll have to check if there are any coming up near me.

I almost got to meet Chelsea Handler, but as I believe I told you guys, she never showed up to her own book signing. And I wanted to see Emily Giffin during her book tour, but I had to work late and then had dinner plans with my sister after.

message 14: by Stacy (last edited Aug 06, 2014 11:45AM) (new)

Bianca wrote: "Stacy wrote: "So, speaking of childhood celebrity crushes (see message #7), who was your heart's desire as a kid?

My crush on Patrick Swayze is from watching Dirty Dancing almost daily. Tom Cruise..."

LOL, yes, I used to play MASH all the time. My daughter plays it now, believe it or not, there's an app for that. :)

Chelsea Handler didn't sign up to her own book signing? That's kind of a diva thing to do, I guess it doesn't surprise me coming from her. I may or may not remember you saying that before. I've been pretty sleep deprived lately so not all pistons are firing.

message 15: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne | 767 comments I am not sure if I can remember all the authors I've met! Emily Giffin, Jen Lancaster, Stacey Ballis, Sarah Pekkanen, Jane Green, Kiersten White, Ally Carter, Lauren Oliver, Rainbow Rowell, Stephanie Perkins, Gayle Forman, Chelsie Hill, Erin Bowman, and several others at Anderson's who I didn't know (they were part of the group events). That should be all of them but I might have forgotten some!

I haven't really met anyone else famous. The only person I can think of is Tony Lucca. :)

My celebrity crush when I was younger was Christian Slater. :)

message 16: by Stacy (new)

Suzanne wrote: "I am not sure if I can remember all the authors I've met! Emily Giffin, Jen Lancaster, Stacey Ballis, Sarah Pekkanen, Jane Green, Kiersten White, Ally Carter, Lauren Oliver, Rainbow Rowell, Stephan..."

Oh yeah, I forgot about the ones that were there with Kierstin White! And oh yes, Christian Slater! I can't believe I forgot about him!! Was in love with him too!! Oh, and Corey Haim. :)

message 17: by Kourtney (new)

Kourtney (familywithbooks) | 1215 comments Stacy wrote: "I thought I'd start a new thread that I think would be fun - asking random questions about books or whatever. :) It'll be a great way to get to know small tidbits about each other, should you choos..."

Oh fun! Although now I can't play along until nighttime as my new job has horrible cell service. GRR!

I am addicted to Mah Jong Solitare and Family Guy Quest for Stuff. I would play these when I was bored at my last job and now feel I am addicted. I tried to play Guess the Emoji but it didn't hold my attention.

message 18: by Kourtney (new)

Kourtney (familywithbooks) | 1215 comments Stacy wrote: "Have you ever met any professional sports athletes, writers, or anyone in the media (could be movies, TV shows, news, singers, bands, etc.)?

Let me see....

Writers: Janet Evanovich, Kierstin Whit..."

Hmmmm...writers? I haven't met any but does talking to them on Twitter count?!? :)

Living in LA I get to see quite a few z-list celebrities and honestly I have never had the desire to try and talk to them. Yup - typical LA girl :) I have seen Rob Schneider (SNL, all those Adam Sandler movies) and he was an absolute jerk. Cuba Gooding Jr wanted nothing more than every girl to fall at his feet well past his Jerry McGuire prime. My friends and I fan girled out over DB Sweeney (TOE PICK!!!!) but he was drinking pretty heavily that night. I've met quite a few people from Real World & Road Rules casts (are those shows even on anymore?) I have had quite a few sightings over the years but nothing like Ryan Gosling or Ryan Reynolds where I would fan girl my heart out.

message 19: by Kourtney (new)

Kourtney (familywithbooks) | 1215 comments Stacy wrote: "So, speaking of childhood celebrity crushes (see message #7), who was your heart's desire as a kid?

My crush on Patrick Swayze is from watching Dirty Dancing almost daily. Tom Cruise is because of..."

Well there was my love for NKOTB and Jordan was my man :) STEP BY STEP! OH BABY! GONNA GET TO YOU GIIIIIRRRRRLLLL! Here I am Jordan! Come get me!

message 20: by Stacy (new)

Kourtney wrote: "Stacy wrote: "I thought I'd start a new thread that I think would be fun - asking random questions about books or whatever. :) It'll be a great way to get to know small tidbits about each other, sh..."

I'm a fan of Mah Jong games too, but I only play them on my ipad, the phone screen is too small.

Never heard of the Family Guy one, I may have to look into that. :)

The emoji game - I have seen posts on FB of people asking for help on some of them. I like things like that, but I get way to irritated when I can't figure one out. LOL, it's best to just not play. :)

That sucks about your sucky cell reception. :/

message 21: by Stacy (new)

Kourtney wrote: "Stacy wrote: "Have you ever met any professional sports athletes, writers, or anyone in the media (could be movies, TV shows, news, singers, bands, etc.)?

Let me see....

Writers: Janet Evanovich,..."

Tooooooooe Piiiiiick - I LOVE that movie!! :)
Rob Schneider was a jerk? That's disappointing. Maybe he was having a bad day....
Real World - I have no idea if that's on anymore. I remember when it first started though and had a few crushes on some of the guys. Couldn't tell you their names now though, it's been too long.

message 22: by Stacy (new)

Kourtney wrote: "Stacy wrote: "So, speaking of childhood celebrity crushes (see message #7), who was your heart's desire as a kid?

My crush on Patrick Swayze is from watching Dirty Dancing almost daily. Tom Cruise..."

OMG, how could I forget that?! I'm STILL crushin' hard on Joey! And Jon was a favorite too. Still is! The rest of the guys have gotten hotter as they've aged, as men usually do. :)

message 23: by Stacy (new)

So, speaking of growing up, but not too much, what was your first paying job other than baby-sitting, because we've all done that, right?

Mine was when I was 13 - I got a job at what I like to call a Mom & Pop Dairy Queen. It was just a little building that did ice cream and drinks in the front, with the grills and fryers in the back. I think I got paid less than $3/hour because we supposedly received tips and minimum wage at the time was like $4.25/hour. It was fun though, I liked making the yummy ice cream treats and we got free soda while we were working.

I didn't mind working in the back, we weren't allowed to use the grill, but I could fry up some frozen french fries, onion rings, or whatever other fried stuff they had with the best of them. :)

Funny that that's what my first job was because once I got into high school, I absolutely refused to apply for any type of food services job. Probably because I hated the closing shifts where I had to help clean everything up.

message 24: by Stacy (new)

It's a rainy day here in Michigan, and the temp isn't that great either.

What's your favorite type of weather?

Me? I like beach weather, when there are a few clouds and it's warm enough to lay on the beach and relax, maybe cool off in the water for a minute or two if needed.

On the flip side, I also like the days when it's sunny and just cold enough for hoodies and jeans. I don't really mind the changing of the seasons, except for winter. I do not like it, Sam I am, I do not like super cold temperatures (as in 48 degrees or below) and snow. (It doesn't rhyme, but whatever, lol.)

message 25: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne | 767 comments My first job was as a cashier at Walgreens. ugh. I hated it. But, I still keep in touch with the girl who started the same day as me!

My favorite weather is pretty much the same as yours. :) Warm, sunny, no humidity, or sunny and cool so I can wear hoodies and jeans. I HATE snow more than anything.

message 26: by Stacy (new)

Suzanne wrote: "My first job was as a cashier at Walgreens. ugh. I hated it. But, I still keep in touch with the girl who started the same day as me!

My favorite weather is pretty much the same as yours. :) Warm..."

Suzanne, you and I are two peas in a pod when it comes to the weather. :)

My second job was a bagger at a local grocery store chain, I was promoted in six months to cashier - so I feel your pain. :)

message 27: by Kourtney (new)

Kourtney (familywithbooks) | 1215 comments My first job was not until I was 18 - I was an office assistant for my college's housing office. I was promptly fired after my first semester at college because I failed all of my classes. Hard to do well when I never went to class :)

Don't worry though - fast forward and I passed all my classes later on in life :)

message 28: by Stacy (new)

Kourtney wrote: "My first job was not until I was 18 - I was an office assistant for my college's housing office. I was promptly fired after my first semester at college because I failed all of my classes. Hard to ..."

LOL, I had a work study position when I was going to school on campus. I can't remember if it was my freshman or sophomore year, but I manned the front desk for my dorm. It was mostly a social, everybody let's hang out, thing. Occasionally, I'd have to check visitors in/out, and they had some games in there that had to be checked in/out. Usually though, we ended up playing the games at the desk with whomever was hanging out. :) It was cool though because it gave me the opportunity to earn money without having to leave my building, which was excellent in the winter. :)

message 29: by Bianca (new)

Bianca (bbollinger) | 761 comments My first job was at Coldstone Creamery. It's this really delicious ice cream place that at the time I thought I was going to love because my best friend was hired with me. I think I was like 15 or 16, so I don't remember it that well. I do remember my friends would come in and throw coins in the tip jar, which meant we all had to sing! It was so embarrassing haha. And they'd throw in a few coins at a time so we'd have to sing all over again each time they tipped.

Anyway, I also remember that I hated making milkshakes. I was terrible at it because it was either too thick or too runny/milky. I couldn't get a perfect consistency! One day I was having a terrible time at work so I messed up on this one milkshake..it was waaaay too runny. So the customer yelled at me and told my manager. The good part was that my manager thought it was funny, and I didn't get in any trouble. The other good part was that I had to quit right after to study for the SATs, so now my visits to Coldstone are just for ordering ice cream - and I never order shakes so I don't cause anxiety for those who can't make them. Haha.

message 30: by Bianca (last edited Aug 14, 2014 08:22AM) (new)

Bianca (bbollinger) | 761 comments Favorite weather...that's a hard one!

I LOVE warm weather when I can dress appropriately and be in the right location. Like really hot weather when I can go lie at the pool or travel to the beach. Mmmm. Those are the best. But when it's hot as hell and I'm wearing jeans and long sleeves for some event and I'm all sweaty and gross - no. Or the days when it's too hot to even go outside! Brunch on patio weather only lasts for a few weeks in Texas - by the time summer comes it gets too hot to sit outside.

I also LOVE cold weather...but obviously as soon as winter hits I instantly regret saying this. Right now I'm looking forward to the cold weekends snuggled up under a blanket on the couch with hot tea. And wearing boots! Ahh boots! Love. But the hard part about winter is getting out of bed in the mornings because it's so freaking cold everywhere.

So I guess I like all weather. Other than rain because I always fear a tornado is coming. And the hard part about the change of seasons is that it kills my allergies.

message 31: by Stacy (new)

Bianca wrote: "My first job was at Coldstone Creamery. It's this really delicious ice cream place that at the time I thought I was going to love because my best friend was hired with me. I think I was like 15 or ..."

I didn't know you could get shakes at Coldstone. :) There's one down the road from my house, but I haven't been there in years and years. I prefer the frozen yogurt places. :)

message 32: by Stacy (new)

Bianca wrote: "Favorite weather...that's a hard one!

I LOVE warm weather when I can dress appropriately and be in the right location. Like really hot weather when I can go lie at the pool or travel to the beach...."

The other hard part about getting out of bed in the winter is that it's so flippin' dark until around 8:00 to 8:30 am, and that's on a good day! :)

I agree with you on the tornado thing, I wouldn't say I'm terrified of them, but pretty darn close. My dad lived through a pretty horrific one when he was 14. It destroyed so much and caused a ton of injuries and a few deaths - his four year old sister was one of them. Pretty much everyone in his family had injuries. They didn't have a basement to go to so they hunkered down in a hallway. I can't remember the who all had what injuries, but I know my dad and my grandpa had the worst (other than my dad's sister that was killed....come to think of it, I don't even know how, I just know that she didn't make it). My dad was hit in the head with one of the big gray boxes that hang on telephone poles and ended up in a coma for nine months with part of his brain damaged.

It never ceases to amaze me that he lived through that and came out on the other side with epilepsy and a slight disability with speech and coordination, but was taken in a car accident at 54.

message 33: by Bianca (new)

Bianca (bbollinger) | 761 comments Stacy wrote: "Bianca wrote: "Favorite weather...that's a hard one!

I LOVE warm weather when I can dress appropriately and be in the right location. Like really hot weather when I can go lie at the pool or trave..."

Stacy, that's awful! I'm sorry your dad had to go through all of that. Where did he live when the tornado hit?

message 34: by Stacy (new)

Bianca wrote: "Stacy wrote: "Bianca wrote: "Favorite weather...that's a hard one!

I LOVE warm weather when I can dress appropriately and be in the right location. Like really hot weather when I can go lie at the..."

This was in northwestern Indiana in the 60s....I want to say 1965. Worst tornado (and I think it was a double tornado, or whatever it's called when there are two) that has ever hit the area, in fact, I don't think there's been another one since.

message 35: by Stacy (last edited Aug 19, 2014 07:36AM) (new)

What are your favorite TV shows?

Mine:

Not on anymore - Sex in the City

Current - Pretty Little Liars

Honorable Mentions (both old and current) - Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D., Brooklyn 99, Grimm, How I Met Your Mother (another LOVE. LOVE. LOVE), Breaking Bad, Burn Notice (LOVE, LOVE, LOVE), The Carrie Diaries, Drop Dead Diva, The Goldbergs, Extant, Dominion, Game of Thrones, Almost Human, Jersey Shore, and getting into the Wayback Machine - The Wonder Years, Quantum Leap, Golden Girls, Empty Nest, WKRP in Cincinnati, Night Court, Saturday Night Live (from the 90's), Step by Step, Full House, Perfect Strangers, Growing Pains, Reading Rainbow, and I'm not even going to go into the cartoons I used to watch as a kid - that's probably not even all of them, but it's all I can think of off the top of my head right now.

message 36: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne | 767 comments I will try to keep it short! I know I am going to forget a lot!

Favorite tv shows not on anymore: Gilmore Girls and Veronica Mars

Favorite shows currently on: 2 Broke Girls, The Amazing Race, Criminal Minds

Favorite shows no one watched but me (haha) & were cancelled after 1 season: Malibu Shores (old), Super Fun Night (recent)

Honorable mentions: How I Met Your Mother, The Mindy Project, New Girl, Happy Endings, Switched at Birth, Pretty Little Liars, Full House, Saved By the Bell, California Dreams, Breaking Amish, Baywatch (old guilty pleasure!), and probably lots more.

Plus, on the weekends, I tend to watch too many reruns of Forensic Files and Snapped. ha.

My boyfriend doesn't have cable. He doesn't even have a TV. We watch DVDs on his computer. It has definitely been an adjustment for me!

message 37: by Bianca (last edited Aug 19, 2014 08:52AM) (new)

Bianca (bbollinger) | 761 comments My favorite show of ALL TIME is Friends. I honestly believe there has never and will never be a better show on television.

Hmmm...picking a favorite show that's currently on is hard! I love the Walking Dead and American Horror Story. I get sucked in when I binge watch them and totally forget there is a world outside my screen.

Honorable mentions: Hell's Kitchen, Modern Family, Scandal, Once Upon a Time, Revenge, Bates Motel, Cougar Town, Game of Thrones and obviously all the Bachelor shows. Haha.

message 38: by Stacy (last edited Aug 19, 2014 11:57AM) (new)

I forgot about Saved by the Bell!!! I used to watch that, and was totally in love with Zach. :)

And Friends, which just made me think of Seinfeld too! I liked Once Upon a Time until the last season...I guess to me, it just feels overdone now.

Suzanne - we don't have cable either, but have Netflix and Hulu. :)

He doesn't have a TV, huh? That's interesting. Is it by choice?

message 39: by Jencey/ (new)

Jencey/ (jencey) | 754 comments My favorite shows that are not on anymore despite my petitions are Alias and Stargate Atlantis.

I have resorted to my Roku.

message 40: by Stacy (new)

Jencey/ wrote: "My favorite shows that are not on anymore despite my petitions are Alias and Stargate Atlantis.

I have resorted to my Roku."

I haven't yet watched any episodes of Alias. Stargate Atlantis....is that the one with the guy who used to play McGuiver (sp?) where they go to different planets or whatever in each episode? My boyfriend has been watching that with his oldest son, and I just can't get into it. I usually read or play on my iPad when they're watching it. :)

message 41: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne | 767 comments Stacy - Yes, no tv or cable by choice! At first we just watched movies all the time on his computer. I finally got him to watch some tv shows on DVD. I just cannot watch movies ALL the time. Maybe I am weird. Sometimes I just need a quick 30 minute, funny show or something mindless in the background. So we have watched Saved By the Bell and the Simpsons a few times, and we just started watching Heroes from the beginning. (I've seen the first 3 seasons.) If/when we move in together (still too soon!) I will probably upgrade my Netflix to include streaming and/or look into Hulu. I can't never watch tv again!

message 42: by Bianca (new)

Bianca (bbollinger) | 761 comments Oh, I just realized I left our Sex and the City. This past weekend I finished watching the entire show from the beginning (which I've done many times already). Then I was looking for the movies to watch next, but I have no idea where I put them. They're in my apartment somewhere, but since I moved I just can't find them.

Anyway, I just started the Carrie Diaries, and it's so cute! I like it a lot. Was it canceled after the first season?!

message 43: by Tara (new)

Tara Bianca wrote: "Oh, I just realized I left our Sex and the City. This past weekend I finished watching the entire show from the beginning (which I've done many times already). Then I was looking for the movies to ..."

Hi Bianca, I watched Sex and the City as well as The Carrie Diaries. No, it wasn't cancelled after the first season. I think it is after the second though. If I remember right it's one that was recently cancelled. I was bummed. One of the girls in The Carrie Diaries is now on Pretty Little Liars.

message 44: by Jencey/ (new)

Jencey/ (jencey) | 754 comments Stacy wrote: "Jencey/ wrote: "My favorite shows that are not on anymore despite my petitions are Alias and Stargate Atlantis.

I haven't yet watched any episodes of Alias. Stargate ..."

Stacy,
You are very close! Stargate Atlantis is the spinoff of the one with Mgyver. They explore a different galaxy. I am still mad that they cancelled the series.

message 45: by Stacy (last edited Aug 21, 2014 05:58AM) (new)

Suzanne wrote: "Stacy - Yes, no tv or cable by choice! At first we just watched movies all the time on his computer. I finally got him to watch some tv shows on DVD. I just cannot watch movies ALL the time. Maybe ..."

LOL! So is he a reader then? You don't encounter too many people nowadays that choose to not have a TV. Good for him! :) But yeah, I wouldn't be able to not watch ever again either. And I'm glad things are going well with you!

I think I watched the first three seasons of Heroes too...I know for sure the first and second. I know there was one season I started to watch it, but then kind of lost interest, I don't know if it was season three or four though. It just felt played out to me by then. My bf has the whole series on DVD, not sure why though as he's never watched it in the year we've been together (as of tomorrow!!!!).

If you haven't watched it, you guys should watch Burn Notice. It's a great show - good for laughs and learning some interesting things. There's a little bit of romance/relationship type stuff for the chicks and a lot of blowing up stuff, fighting and guns for the guys. :) You can stream it on Netflix, or, they probably have the seasons available on DVD.

message 46: by Stacy (new)

Bianca wrote: "Oh, I just realized I left our Sex and the City. This past weekend I finished watching the entire show from the beginning (which I've done many times already). Then I was looking for the movies to ..."

LOVE SITC!!! I always do that too - I'll watch the season, and then watch the movies.

The Carrie Diaries was a really cute show, and I loved the actress they chose to play Carrie. I'm sad that they cancelled it. And Tara's right, it was after the second season. :(

message 47: by Stacy (new)

Tara wrote: "Bianca wrote: "Oh, I just realized I left our Sex and the City. This past weekend I finished watching the entire show from the beginning (which I've done many times already). Then I was looking for..."

Right?! First episode she showed up on there, I was like, "Hey! It's Donna LaDonna!" (Not sure if I spelled that right....)

message 48: by Stacy (new)

Jencey/ wrote: "Stacy wrote: "Jencey/ wrote: "My favorite shows that are not on anymore despite my petitions are Alias and Stargate Atlantis.

I haven't yet watched any episodes of Al..."

Ok, and thanks for correcting it for me. ;) We used to watch Mgyver when I was a kid, and at first, it was cool. But then, as he continued to escape death using a paper clip, a tissue and bubblegum, or something else just as outrageous, I started getting irritated with the show and hoping he'd just bite the big one and the series would be over. LOL

message 49: by Tara (new)

Tara Stacy wrote: "Tara wrote: "Bianca wrote: "Oh, I just realized I left our Sex and the City. This past weekend I finished watching the entire show from the beginning (which I've done many times already). Then I wa..."

Me too! I had to rewind it to make sure it was really her. LOL!

message 50: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne | 767 comments Stacy wrote: "Suzanne wrote: "Stacy - Yes, no tv or cable by choice! At first we just watched movies all the time on his computer. I finally got him to watch some tv shows on DVD. I just cannot watch movies ALL ..."

Stacy - Yes, he does read. Not much lately but he has a pretty good book collection. :) Mostly he watches YouTube and plays video games. I have never not had cable before. I even had it in college! I've found that I'm definitely watching less tv lately and I have gotten behind on a few shows. I guess because I finally have something to do with my time! haha. Anyway, he was reading Game of Thrones and I was going to read it too, and then we were going to start watching the show. (I guess I do try to get him to watch more tv! haha) Well, I just have so many books to read and those Game of Thrones books are SO long that I totally couldn't do it. So I suggested Heroes and he was up for that. He seems to really like it so far. Yeah I lost interest towards the end too. I had all of season 4 on my DVR and then I moved before I could watch them all. So I have no idea how it ended!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7