Play Book Tag discussion

June 2018: Magical Realism > Practical Magic by Alice Hoffman

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lyn (last edited Jun 17, 2018 08:51AM) (new)

Lyn (lynm) | 378 comments 5 stars for me!

I read The Rules of Magic this winter and have wanted to reread Practical Magic since, the tag this month provided the perfect opportunity!

This was my first Alice Hoffman book. The first time I read it was back in 1995, I loved it then and love it every time I read it. There is just something about the Owens women that I connect with. And I always enjoy Hoffman's writing.

message 2: by KateNZ (new)

KateNZ | 2667 comments I’m glad someone else read this for the tag too and that it’s such a favourite. I don’t know why I’d never thought of reading Alice Hoffman before.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I've only read one of her books, this month for the first time but I plan on reading more. She is such a wonderful writer. I have this book on my list to read.

message 4: by Barbara M (new)

Barbara M (barbara-m) | 2299 comments I always enjoy Hoffman's books.

message 5: by Lyn (new)

Lyn (lynm) | 378 comments KateNZ wrote: "I’m glad someone else read this for the tag too and that it’s such a favourite. I don’t know why I’d never thought of reading Alice Hoffman before."

Alice Hoffman is one of my absolute favorite authors. I have read all of her books, many of them more than once. Some are better than others, but I always enjoy reading her works. I hope you enjoy exploring more of her books.

message 6: by Amy (new)

Amy | 9352 comments Right on Lyn!

message 7: by Amy (new)

Amy | 9352 comments Beautiful picture too!

message 8: by Lyn (new)

Lyn (lynm) | 378 comments Amy wrote: "Beautiful picture too!"

Thanks! The photo is from our trip to Glacier National Park last summer. I highly recommend a trip there, it's amazing!

message 9: by Diane (new)

Diane Zwang | 485 comments Lyn wrote: "Amy wrote: "Beautiful picture too!"

Thanks! The photo is from our trip to Glacier National Park last summer. I highly recommend a trip there, it's amazing!"

I agree Lyn, I have been to Glacier National Park and it was one of the prettiest places on earth.

Looks like I need to get going on reading Hoffman.