Ink and Paper Blog discussion

Debut Novels Book Club > December 2018 :Sleeping Giants : Spoiler

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Russell (new)

Russell | 166 comments Mod
Read the book? Here is the place to discuss. Spoil Away.

message 2: by ReadBecca (new)

ReadBecca (readxbecca) | 3 comments I've read the whole trilogy and loved it all, this one reminds me a great deal of Arrival, in the themes and the scientific research aspect. I also found the writing style in logs and interviews really added to it, I'm planning to come back around to the audiobook at some point, since it is so strongly liked and full cast.

I would say the first two are primarily fast paced and action packed, the 3rd takes a hard turn into exploring the topic of (I don't think this is a spoiler really, but tagging anyway for those who want to know nothing about future books!) (view spoiler). It was immensely timely, I believe intended that way, and I actually wound up pairing it with a re-watch of the brilliant documentary (view spoiler) which was a perfect complement to Only Human.

So, if you're liking the writing/style of this one, but not in love with the story, for this particular audience I would say see it through to book 3 since they are pretty quick reads, it's a very worthwhile pay off for the build up from the previous books.

message 3: by Sally (new)

Sally taylor (sallyjanet) The Audio of these books are amazing....