Art Lovers discussion

Guess Who (by artist bio) > Curious as to Who I Am? Frank Llody Wright

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (new)

Heather | 8545 comments "________was a modern [artist] who developed an organic and distinctly American style. He designed numerous iconic ________.

_________emphasized simplicity and natural beauty in contrast to the elaborate and ornate....that had prevailed in Europe.

_________graduated from public high school in Madison, his parents divorced and his father moved away, never to be heard from again. That year, _______ enrolled at the University of Wisconsin to study civil engineering; in order to pay his tuition and help support his family, he worked for the dean of the engineering department.

At age 22________ married a 19-year-old woman ...and they eventually had six children together...after 20 years of marriage, ________ suddenly abandoned his wife, children and practice and moved to Germany with a woman...the wife of a client...However, tragedy struck in 1914 when a deranged servant set fire to...house, burning it to the ground and killing [his lover] and six others.

Returning to the United States, he married a sculptor...they stayed together for four years before divorcing. In ____, he married his third wife.

________began a project that consumed the last 16 years of his life. '"For the first time art will be seen as if through an open window, and, of all places, in New York. It astounds me,'

Who Am I?

(view spoiler)

message 2: by Geoffrey (new)

Geoffrey Aronson (geaaronson) | 930 comments Arthur Dove??Marsden Hartley\

message 3: by Heather (new)

Heather | 8545 comments Nope. But I want to thank you for your persistence in playing Geoffrey! It’s fun!

message 4: by Geoffrey (new)

Geoffrey Aronson (geaaronson) | 930 comments grant wood?

message 5: by Heather (new)

Heather | 8545 comments Geoffrey wrote: "grant wood?"

No, but you are introducing me to some new people!

message 6: by Heather (new)

Heather | 8545 comments His last 16 year long project was finished in NY

message 7: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 1960 comments Frank Lloyd Wright

message 8: by Heather (new)

Heather | 8545 comments Yep, way to go Ruth!

message 9: by Heather (new)

Heather | 8545 comments His last project was the Guggenheim Museum.

message 10: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 1960 comments Heather wrote: "Yep, way to go Ruth!"

Easy. I’ve read a couple of biographies of him.