New Adult Book Club discussion

Stina Lindenblatt
This topic is about Stina Lindenblatt
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Author Q+A's > Stina lindenblatt Q&A

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nicola (new)

Nicola (nikki-lou) | 2115 comments

This week we have Stina Lindenblatt with us author of Tell Me When, This One Moment, Decidedly Off Limits, Heat It Up, Cowboy Most Wanted.

Stina is with us all week taking your questions , leave your questions below!

message 2: by Ronnie~ (new)

Ronnie~ (ronixwritesofficial) | 24 comments Hi, Miss Stina! I'm curious- what are your top three book pet peeves?

message 3: by Margaux (new)

Margaux Espinosa (margauxespi) Who is your absolute favorite character, that you’ve ever written or read?

message 4: by Elle P. (new)

Elle P. Golden | 186 comments are a "one story at a time" type of author, or do plots keep fighting in your head for attention??

message 5: by Stina (new)

Stina Lindenblatt (stinalindenblatt) | 91 comments Ronnie wrote: "Hi, Miss Stina! I'm curious- what are your top three book pet peeves?"

I'm not sure I really have pet peeves. I'm assuming you mean as a reader. I like to be able to visualize the setting, so if the story doesn't have enough sensory information woven in, I get disappointed. I'm not a fan of cliches in the writing or cliche characters.

message 6: by Stina (new)

Stina Lindenblatt (stinalindenblatt) | 91 comments Margaux wrote: "Who is your absolute favorite character, that you’ve ever written or read?"

That's a tough one. I have ten books out and I have lots of characters that I love--including feisty grandmothers/elderly women. So I'm going to narrow it down and go with heroes. Still tough, but I'm going with Trent from Decidedly Off Limits. I loosely based him on my husband. They share the same career and a few other aspects. ;)

(And now for some shameless promo...Decidedly Off Limits is free on all vendors if you want to see why he's one of my favorite heroes.)

message 7: by Stina (new)

Stina Lindenblatt (stinalindenblatt) | 91 comments MiDouradoP wrote: "are a "one story at a time" type of author, or do plots keep fighting in your head for attention??"

I tend to work on more than one book at a time. But each book is in a different phase. I'm currently thinking about my next book (3rd book in the Copper Creek series). I'm spending the rest of today editing Decidedly With Mistletoe after my editor's feedback. The book is due soon for the copy editor. And then on Tuesday I'll get back to editing the second book in the Copper Creek series. I need to send it to my editor next month.

I used to be a one-book-at-a-time type writer, but that's no longer practical. Plus while I'm working on one book, I can put another aside to give it distance. Once I get back to it, I can see it from a fresher perspective. I find that works best for me. :)

message 8: by Debra (new)

Debra Shutters (debrashutters) What inspired you to become a writer?

message 9: by Stina (new)

Stina Lindenblatt (stinalindenblatt) | 91 comments Debra wrote: "What inspired you to become a writer?"

Hi Debra,

When I was 9 years old, I was a reluctant reader. And then I discovered Edith Blyton's Famous Five series (I was living in England at the time). That's when I decided I wanted to be a writer. It wasn't until after child #3 was born (many many many years later) that I finally took the steps to learn to write novels. At that point, I had just become a stay-at-home mom. I started out writing middle grade stories, but in time that moved to YA, then NA. My first published book was a NA novel. :) What can I say? I like writing kissing and sex scenes. lol

message 10: by Elle P. (new)

Elle P. Golden | 186 comments Stina wrote: "MiDouradoP wrote: "are a "one story at a time" type of author, or do plots keep fighting in your head for attention??"

I tend to work on more than one book at a time. But each book is in a differe..."

Well, that makes sense!! I'm always amazed by that criativity and the development of writing, the story, this criative process!!

Thank you for your answer!!

message 11: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Ortiz | 733 comments Who are some of your favorite author's?

message 12: by Stina (new)

Stina Lindenblatt (stinalindenblatt) | 91 comments MiDouradoP wrote: "Stina wrote: "MiDouradoP wrote: "are a "one story at a time" type of author, or do plots keep fighting in your head for attention??"

I tend to work on more than one book at a time. But each book i..."

My second son wants to write movies and thinks I'm nuts working on several projects at a time. lol

message 13: by Stina (new)

Stina Lindenblatt (stinalindenblatt) | 91 comments Nicole wrote: "Who are some of your favorite author's?"

Hi Nicole,

In romance, that would be Jill Shalvis, Brenda St. John Brown, Emma Chase, Lauren Blakely, and Lauren Layne. There are many others too. For psychological suspense, that would be Lisa Gardner. Wow, that woman has one twisted mind. lol

message 14: by J. (new)

J. (leaj) | 275 comments If you could be any book character for a day, who would you choose and why?

message 15: by Whitney (new)

Whitney Cannavina | 57 comments Which book was your favorite to write?

message 16: by Irma (new)

Irma *Irma The Book Whisperer* | 325 comments For those who haven't yet read your books, where should they start?

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.