Gay Science Fiction discussion

Freddy MacKay
This topic is about Freddy MacKay
Introductions > Freddy MacKay

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Freddy (new)

Freddy MacKay (freddy_mackay) | 8 comments Hi everyone!

I am an LGBTQ author (and reader). Most of my stories are MM contemporary, but my love is Science Fiction & Fantasy. I have been reading SFF for as long as I can remember. I finally got up the nerve to write a couple of those. My SF story, Feel Me, is a steampunk inspired moon colony.

Ummm... *looks to Angel for help (she's my work wife)*

message 2: by Angel (new)

Angel Martinez (angelmartinez) | 226 comments It's a fabulous steampunk inspired SF :D For which you will need a full box of tissues.

Feel Me

message 3: by Freddy (new)

Freddy MacKay (freddy_mackay) | 8 comments LOL. You always mention the tissues.

But yes, (woot!) that's my story. It's more SF than anything else. Maybe that has something to do with it?

message 4: by Angel (new)

Angel Martinez (angelmartinez) | 226 comments Hey, I believe in full disclosure. *nods*

message 5: by Freddy (last edited Aug 01, 2014 06:11AM) (new)

Freddy MacKay (freddy_mackay) | 8 comments It isn't all heartache. It' has great plot and characters. *nods* which is the reason people will cry..... I don't think I'm helping my case.

Gah. You do realize I want people to read this, yes?

*muppet flails off stage right*

message 6: by Angel (new)

Angel Martinez (angelmartinez) | 226 comments Read this story. It's fabulous. What reviewers have said:

"Wow. That was an unexpectedly deep and dark story"

"Feel Me was my favorite story, totally awesomely clever scifi thinking, very original and devastating. I loved it."

"It was not at all what I was expecting and I won’t say why without ruining the story for anyone, but damn! That was awesome."

Now go read the story.

message 7: by Freddy (new)

Freddy MacKay (freddy_mackay) | 8 comments Angel wrote: "Read this story. It's fabulous. What reviewers have said:

"Wow. That was an unexpectedly deep and dark story"

"Feel Me was my favorite story, totally awesomely clever scifi thinking, very origina..."

*kisses Angel* hehehe

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay, you two already have me totally interested.
"Steampunk inspired SciFi" sounds great, "devastating" sounds promising. (but when will I find time to actually read all those books? *sighs*)

Btw, welcome Freddy :-)

message 9: by Freddy (new)

Freddy MacKay (freddy_mackay) | 8 comments Wintermute wrote: "Okay, you two already have me totally interested.
"Steampunk inspired SciFi" sounds great, "devastating" sounds promising. (but when will I find time to actually read all those books? *sighs*)

Btw..."

*waves* hello :) and thanks for the welcome.

And yes, so many books, so little time.

message 10: by Charming, Order theorist (new)

Charming (charming_euphemism) | 787 comments Mod
Freddy wrote: "Hi everyone!

I am an LGBTQ author (and reader). Most of my stories are MM contemporary, but my love is Science Fiction & Fantasy. I have been reading SFF for as long as I can remember. I finally g..."

Moon colony? Then you should definitely shelve it. I apologize for doubting you. :-)

I almost feel like Jordan Castillo Price's latest should go on that shelf. It isn't steampunk, but it has the same kind of alternate technology development, with robotics developing instead of computers.

message 11: by Freddy (last edited Aug 02, 2014 06:49AM) (new)

Freddy MacKay (freddy_mackay) | 8 comments Charming wrote: "Freddy wrote: "Hi everyone!

I am an LGBTQ author (and reader). Most of my stories are MM contemporary, but my love is Science Fiction & Fantasy. I have been reading SFF for as long as I can rememb..."

No, Jordan's wouldn't be steampunk. Alternate technology (like robotics) doesn't equate to steampunk automatically. That still sits squarely in SF.

As for doubting steampunk, that's a whole other issue with understanding SF and steampunk. Unfortunately there is a lot of stuff out there classified as steampunk that shouldn't be, and it's messing up the understanding that steampunk is sub-genre of SF.