Art Lovers discussion

Guess Who (by artist bio) > I'm Afraid You Know Who I Am-- Edvard Munch

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (last edited Jun 17, 2018 04:07AM) (new)

Heather | 8544 comments _____ had a devastatingly tragic early life with ___ mother dying first when ___ was 5 years old. Followed by ___ sister 13 years later at the age of 15, another sister was institutionalized most of her life for mental issues and___ only brother passed away at age 30.

Initially began college studying engineering only to be abandoned a year later.

_______ made a series of paintings encompassing 22 works...." ______ mental state was on full display, and ___ style varied greatly, depending on which emotion had taken hold of ___ at the time.

________ painted right up to ___ death, often depicting ___ deteriorating condition and various physical maladies in ___ work."

Who am I?

(view spoiler)

message 2: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 1959 comments Munch?

message 3: by Heather (new)

Heather | 8544 comments You’re on a roll, Ruth!

Now I have to find some others. Of course anyone can create a thread like these, don’t be shy you’re more than welcome to enlighten us with some biographical knowledge!

message 4: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 1959 comments My husband was from Norway, and his first wife’s uncle was a big Munch collector. I’ve been to the Munch Museum in Oslo.

message 5: by Geoffrey (new)

Geoffrey Aronson (geaaronson) | 930 comments Shoot. She beat me to it. I guessed it las night. He was the forerunner to Expressionism.