Cozy Mysteries discussion

All By Myself, Alone
This topic is about All By Myself, Alone
Book and Series discussions > Mary Higgins Clark book order

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Julie (new) - added it

Julie | 3 comments Do you need to have read the prior Alvirah and Willy books before reading All By Myself, Alone? Or can it be a stand-alone novel? I see it's listed as book 11 in the "Alvirah and Willy" series. Thank you!

message 2: by Mary Ann (last edited Jun 16, 2018 05:56PM) (new)

Mary Ann (mahofacre) | 394 comments Try reading what others say about the book. Some may have better insight if they have read all of the series or feel like they missed something by starting later. I haven't read this book or the series, but I read a lot of other books that are series and know that some can be read stand alone and others make more sense if read in order.

message 3: by Mary Ann (new)

Mary Ann (mahofacre) | 394 comments From what others said, the main characters are on an ocean liner to celebrate their anniversary and since there are 97 characters in 300 pages it probably can be read alone.

message 4: by Julie (new) - added it

Julie | 3 comments Thank you for taking the time to answer my question, Mary Ann! :)
Julie

Kirsten  (kmcripn) Julie wrote: "Do you need to have read the prior Alvirah and Willy books before reading All By Myself, Alone? Or can it be a stand-alone novel? I see it's listed as book 11 in the "Alvirah and Willy" series. Tha..."

I read it first without reading the rest of the series. I think it should be fine.

Kirsten  (kmcripn) Mary Ann wrote: "From what others said, the main characters are on an ocean liner to celebrate their anniversary and since there are 97 characters in 300 pages it probably can be read alone."

97 characters? There is no way there is 97 characters in that book!!!

message 7: by Julie (new) - added it

Julie | 3 comments Thank you, Kirsten, for letting me know what you think about reading All By Myself, Alone as a stand-alone novel. Wasn't sure if reading the "Alvirah and Willy" books out of order would give away crucial plots and villains, thus spoiling the enjoyment of solving the mystery. :)