Crusades RP discussion

The Crusader States > The Kingdom of Jerusalem

Comments Showing 1-50 of 553 (553 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

message 1: by Austin (last edited Jun 23, 2018 08:03AM) (new)

Austin | 323 comments Mod
The City of Acre the new capital of the kingdom.

The religious orders had their headquarters in or near Acre, from which they made crucial decisions in military and diplomatic efforts. For example, when the Mongol forces came in from the East in the mid-13th century, the Christians saw them as potential allies, but also maintained a position of cautious neutrality with the Muslim forces of the Mamluks.

City of Acre

message 2: by Austin (new)

Deitrch rides on his horse as it trots down the dusty road. There is some shrubbery here and there. As he rides the road approaches the ruins of some stone structure of an empire long past. He looks at it curiously, wondering if the stones could talk, what stories they would tell.

message 3: by Priscilla (new)

Priscilla Sage (priscillasage) | 277 comments Mod
Within the ruins sat a long figure dressed in a soldier's uniform. The person sat very still as if lost in their own world. There was a sigh that echoed through out the ruins as the figure finally stood and walked through them. Paused when they spotted the person on a horse.

message 4: by Austin (new)

Deitrich saw what looked like soldier in the ruins. He drawed his mace and made his horse gallop towards the person. "You there halt." He yells in German.

message 5: by Priscilla (new)

The person paused but didn't draw a weapon. As the man on the horse approached the man stood still. The uniform concealed that the person was really a woman but to many could be mistaken as a young man. As the horseman drew closer the soldier spoke. "I'm a friend." 'He' said in German with a thick accent.

message 6: by Austin (new)

The horse slowed and was close enough that the man could feel it's breath on his face. Deitrich thought the voice of the traveller seemed off. But he was more surprised by the fact that this man knew German yet did not resemble a German at all. "A friend to who?" Asks Dietrich, skeptical of this travelers intentions.

message 7: by Priscilla (new)

"To those who are not the enemy, Sir." 'He' replied. "I was transferred to this area, Sir." 'He' didn't blink or flinch while being questioned. "I have papers..."

message 8: by Austin (last edited Jun 16, 2018 08:00PM) (new)

The horse snorts in the face of the soldier then starts to circle around him. "Who are these 'enemies'?" Asks Dietrich wondering if this soldier is a simple raider. But still wondering why a simple soldier would know his tongue.

message 9: by Priscilla (new)

"The Mongols that wish to still away our way of life." 'He' said ignoring the horse as it circled 'him'. "The Mamelukes lay ready for when the time comes to attack.... But there may be traitors within their ranks." 'He' took a breath.

message 10: by Austin (new)

"Doesn't feel so good on the other side of fate does it. Why are you here Egyptian? Which Lord do you serve?" Asks Deitrich now behind this "man". Weapon still drawn and ready for any type of trickery.

message 11: by Priscilla (new)

"I never was given a choice..." 'He replied. "Until now...." A smile tried to come out but 'he' held it back. "I was sent out first to die... because I'm no longer loyal to the king I was unjustly made to serve." There was a pause. "This is no longer my home and my Egypt died a long time ago..." ''He' spoke in a sad tone laced with bitterness as 'he' with held the truth of why it had to be this way.

message 12: by Austin (last edited Jun 16, 2018 08:46PM) (new)

"Ah so you are a deserter then. Even now the Mongol invaders form an army to wipe your people out and you run from your duty." Sneered Dietrich with disgust from his lack of honor. The horse now on the right side of the soldier.

message 13: by Priscilla (new)

"No sir." 'He' replied. "Though my service wasn't by choice. I server with loyalty......." 'He' stood straighter. "I was banished for reporting a general was betraying his king by sending his soldiers into traps..." 'He' paused. "I have a the documents of my banishment." 'He' gave an inward smile.

message 14: by Austin (new)

"I care little for your documents heathen." Said Deitrich momentary losing his temper. "Show me your palms." He says as he dismounts infront of the man.

message 15: by Priscilla (new)

"Yes Sir." 'He' said. Slowly 'he' held out 'his' palms. They were calloused from fighting but if one looked closely they would know that they weren't hands of a man but of a young woman. *Well, if I die no one of the Egyptian army would know my secret.* 'He thought waiting the reaction of the man.

message 16: by Austin (new)

Deitrich quickly pulled out some rope from a pack on his horse. He started to tie the man's hands. "You are either a scout or a spy. neither is someone who I can let pass" Says Deitrich as he ties his hands.

message 17: by Priscilla (new)

'He didn't really reply but just watched as 'his' hands were tied. *Well, I guess this is better than nothing.* 'He' thought. "I have nothing to hide...." 'He' said but 'he' really did. A sighed escaped 'him'. "Can I at least remove my head gear?" 'He asked suddenly.

message 18: by Austin (new)

Once Dietrich was done tying his hands he examined the hands, they looked off. But before he could connect a thought the man asked about the helmet. Dietrich looked up and removed his helmet. "There that better?" asked Dietrich

message 19: by Priscilla (last edited Jun 16, 2018 09:55PM) (new)

"Yes, Sir." 'He' replied finally looking at Dietrich with 'his' piercing emerald eyes. Then looked away suddenly. 'He' didn't know what to think. 'He' had been out of sight of anyone and wasn't sure how 'he' looked. He wasn't sure how the man would react to 'him' actually being a woman. Thankfully no one in 'his' original troop had questioned 'his' skills. At least now 'he' didn't feel like 'he' was going to burn up.

message 20: by Austin (new)

Dietrich looked him right in the eyes, before he broke eye contact. Dietrich then examined his face and saw the shoulder length Onyx colored hair. "What the ?" Says Dietrich in surprise. "Your a woman! What are you doing out here?"

message 21: by Priscilla (new)

She suddenly stepped back. Her face paled at his words. "I...." She faltered. She didn't look at him. "I didn't have a choice..." She said quietly. She then looked up. She studied the man. "It was either I become a soldier or face something worse...." He eyes showed pain that she couldn't hide. "I rather die a soldier than be sold as chattel..." She held her head high as she knew the price of her deception.

message 22: by Austin (new)

It was hard to tell Deitrich's expression from behind his helmet. Deitrich sighed "I won't pretend to know you your story. But you are no spy or scout and certainly don't work for the Mameluks." He says as he unties her. "Regardless, the wilderness is no place for a woman. Come with me to Acre you will be safe there and then you figure out what to do next." Offers Deitrich, as he mounts his horse and extends a helping hand.

message 23: by Priscilla (new)

Nefera took his hand so he could pull her onto the horse. "I am none of those things.... I never was since I wasn't commissioned into their military." She said softly. "Thank you..."

message 24: by Austin (new)

"Think nothing of it." Then the horse returned to the road galloped at a brisk pace. "How did you learn German? If you don't mind me asking?" Asks Dietrich.

message 25: by Priscilla (new)

"A tutor taught me...." Nefera smiled softly. "Along with many others..." She paused. "It's how I avoided being in most of the battles..." She shuttered at the thought the battles she had been in. "It's wasn't uncommon for certain women to be educated..." She looked down. "But things changed...." She had never knew why her education had been so different than some of the other women. She never imagined that her father would do such a thing.

message 26: by Austin (new)

"Ah so you are a daughter of a noble then." Deitrich then chuckled. "It just occurred to me that I never asked you for your name?"

message 27: by Priscilla (new)

"I am...... was....." Nefera sighed. "I am Nefertiti.... Please call me Nefera but is was Nefer in the army..." She paused a moment. "And you are?" She asked him.

message 28: by Austin (new)

"I am Dietrich of Bohemia. What a strange way to meet you, Nefera." Dietrich paused for a moment. "You said you were in battles. Which battles?"

message 29: by Priscilla (new)

"I know... and it's a pleasure to meet you... Dietrich" Nefera replied, then paused before continuing. "I was.... thankfully they were few and far between." She thought a moment. "I was in one of the border battles...." She said slowly. "Then..... two were just in the borders of the Mongol territories....." She shuttered at the horrors she had seen. "I wasn't really suppose to fight..... but I .... had to protect myself when attacked...." She felt bad for any lives she taken even though she tried not to. "My last battle was an ambush.... not many of us survived...." She took a breath. "It was then that I knew that we were being lead to slaughter...."

message 30: by Austin (new)

Dietrich could hear the hesitation in her voice. "I've been in many battles, slayed many of your people. I'm glad we never met in battle." Says Dietrich with an unapologetic grin.

message 31: by Priscilla (new)

"As I am..." Nefera said softly. "I rather meet as we have, in peace..... with the freedom to speak and have a choice." She looked out to the scenery that they passed. "After they unjustly banished me.... I decided to seek out your people, to deliver the information I have..." She paused. "I rather died being free and doing the right thing..." Her voice had an edge of hatred in it for a past that she had yet to speak about.

message 32: by Austin (new)

"So what you said erlier they were not lies?" Asked Dietrich

message 33: by Priscilla (new)

"They were not..." Nefera said firmly. "It seems, fate had brought me full circle..."

message 34: by Austin (new)

So what was your plan then? To walk into the last stronghold of my people. Wearing the armor of our sworn enemy. Acting as a man to tell us of a Muslim generals treatery? Asks Dietrich

message 35: by Priscilla (last edited Jun 17, 2018 10:38AM) (new)

"Yes and no." She replied. "Yes, I was going to wear my armor and continue acting as a man in order to survive to get to your people." Nefera told him. "Then once I had secured that I would be only in minor danger.... I would remove the armor and return to my true nature......" She sighed. "It would have been only then that I would have approached on foot...." She paused. "Even though after all this time I wasn't sure if they would receive me... At least I would have arrived as a free citizen and not as chattel..."

message 36: by Austin (new)

"That is a valid concern. I could see a less chilvarous man than me trying to kill you or worse." Dietrich then paused. "So long as you arrive with me, they will hear you out. The castle is still 2 days out. But I recommend ditching the armor before we are in sight of the castle. Less problems that way."

message 37: by Priscilla (last edited Jun 17, 2018 11:07AM) (new)

She nodded and spoke softly. "Thank you...." She then looked down at the armor. "I would have to agree with you... Thankfully I thought to keep my attire after..." She paused. "I will change when we stop for water..." She told him. She knew that her attire as a woman would lead to more questions.

message 38: by Austin (new)

The horse galloped along the road, eventually they stopped at an oasis, as the sun was setting. Dietrich dismounted and helped Nefera down from the horse. "This place looks like a good place to camp for the night. I'll go grab some sticks for kindling." Says Dietrich as he starts to walk away.

message 39: by Priscilla (last edited Jun 17, 2018 12:22PM) (new)

Nefera nodded gently. "I will go to the water and see what plants that bare fruit are here...." She smiled softly. She watched him walk away before turning to approach the water. She found water jugs that were left for travelers and filled two of them. After she secured them, she slowly removed her armor revealing a layer of linen cloth that covered her. She quickly looked around as she approached the water once more.

message 40: by Austin (new)

Dietrich gathered sticks for a bit, before returning to the camp. He then approached his horse who was grazing. Lastly he got out a bedroll and a blanket.

message 41: by Priscilla (new)

Nefera once she realized that the water was cool she went in further. When she got far enough she put her head under water. She sighed in relief. Finally she would be clean after a few moments she came out of the water refreshed. With a sigh she grabbed the bag with her garments and moved behind a few bushes to change. She took her time so that she would be properly dressed in her attire. Her breath caught as she realized she only had a face veil. She frowned as she put it over her. She then folded the uniform to get it in the bag as best she could. After a moment she secured the bag across her. She then lifted one of the jars to balance it on her head and then moved to pick up the other one. She then returned to Dietrich who had just finish getting out his bedroll. She wondered how he would react to the sight of her. Her clothes clearly said she was of importance yet she was carrying two jars and her bag.

message 42: by Austin (new)

Dietrich turned and saw Nefera approaching. "It's too bad that you must cover your face. You had quite a beautiful one." He says before taking a moment to look over her clothing. "Your attire would be something that I would expect from a princess."

message 43: by Priscilla (new)

"It's tradition...." She said setting the jar in her hand down. She then removed the one from her head with a sigh. "Only men are allowed to should their faces in public..." She removed the bag with a sigh. "It's time I told you the whole story of how you came to find me in the ruins...." She sighed studying him with her emerald eyes. "When I introduced myself.... I didn't tell you everything....." She took a step back.

message 44: by Austin (new)

"Well do tell." Says Dietrich as lays out his bedroll and blanket. He then sits down on the bedroll and slowly takes off his helmet. Revealing Short blond hair and his scared face. He does not meet her gaze as he feared that she would be off putted by his scars. He instead arranges the sticks and starts using his flint and steel to make sparks for the fire.

message 45: by Priscilla (new)

She moves closer not flinching at the scars on his face. She took a breath. "I am Princess Nefertiti of Cario...." She paused. "About two years ago..... I told by my father that it was my duty to leave my home...... to help my people.... Which I agreed" She looked away. "But it was a lie....." She paused. "I was being traded.... given as a gift....." She became quiet.

message 46: by Austin (new)

Dietrich was surprised when she told him that she was a princess. He did not look up however. He stopped what he was doing, connecting the pieces in his head. "I'm sorry that happened to you." He says in a soft low voice.

message 47: by Priscilla (new)

Nefera sighed. "It's tradition... I had no choice but to go... I did as my father said...." She said quietly. "But then the caravan... was attacked.." She clutch her hands into fist. "Very few of my guards survived the Mongol's attack..." She sank to her knees. "I was scared... I fought along side my guards.... Only a few of us survived... I had no choice but to become one of the guards..." She looked at him.

message 48: by Austin (last edited Jun 17, 2018 01:51PM) (new)

"I see..." Dietrich said, He could sense her looking at him. He looked up at her for a brief moment, briefly making eye contact. Before he looks back down, finally able to get the fire started.

message 49: by Priscilla (new)

"When I reported in I realized I couldn't tell them who I was...." She looked into his eyes before he looked back down. "The punishment would have been worst than death..... and the rest you know." She sighed as her eyes moved to watch the fire. She slowly moved closer to it.

message 50: by Austin (new)

"That's quite a tale, I'm honored that you would entrust that information to me. I hope this leg of the journey marks a change for the better." Says Deitrich as he looks into the fire."Where does this tale of the traitorous general come into play." He asks.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12