Beta Reader Group discussion

Betas Offering FREE Services > Fast Beta Reader Available. CLOSED

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Constantine (new)

Constantine Mp | 9 comments Hello!
I am very well versed into the realm of beta-reading and would like to offer my services to aspiring writers looking to improve their manuscripts. I am not opposed to a more "alpha-reader" approach, if your manuscript is not perfectly polished and I give very detailed feedback. I can only choose 1, perhaps 2 candidates at the moment, but feel free to send me a message as long as this post exists.
Some qualifications: I am studying English literature and Education. I am a writer myself with more than 4 completed/edited manuscripts under my belt. I have experience in child psychology, martial arts, teaching, and speak 3 languages perfectly.
Hit me up if any of this or just simple beta-reading services are useful to you!

Constantine.

message 2: by Shaynn (new)

Shaynn Haugen | 8 comments Hello Constantine,

Would you possibly be interested in beta reading my novel 'A Bird with Gold-Mended Wings'? It's a 150k sci-fi/slice of life.

Here is my plot blurb:

Catherine had thought getting a friend for her android, Hokuro, would be simple. But when Hokuro ends up choosing the beautiful but troubled Seiji, their lives are turned upside-down. Suddenly confronted with their own respective baggage, they struggle to create a family together, all while Seiji’s past comes back to haunt them.

If that sounds like something that would interest you, I can be reached either by PM or email (shaynnhaugen@yahoo.com).

Thank you very much in advance!
-Shaynn

message 3: by C.V. (new)

C.V. Gregorchuk (cvgregorchuk) Hi there, I have a YA fantasy fiction I’m hoping to get some feedback on!

Here is the blurb, if you are interested please let me know :)

Magic and Power... Dragons. These are the things of books and movies... of other worlds. They aren’t real. They can’t be real.

Mia wishes for the days when she truly believed that. Days when her biggest worry was whether or not she’d be accepted into the university of her choice. But that was before...

Before her reflection started playing tricks on her in store windows. Before she was unceremoniously ripped from her family and friends and dumped in a place she can’t escape from. A place where no one can reach her. Nethea,

Thrust into a world where Dragons exist and magic is Power, Mia must find a way to accept the role she’s been Chosen to fulfill. A role that seems more and more likely to claim her life as she uncovers the staggering odds stacked against her. If she can do it...if she can rise above the grief and anger that plague her heart and save Nethea from the dark fate waiting in the claws of a monster... Then maybe, just maybe she’ll get to go home again.

Can Mia find the will and the courage to defend and protect a world she doesn’t belong to? Will she take up the heavy mantle of the Guardians of Nethea?

message 4: by Hailey (new)

Hailey Sawyer | 74 comments Hi there! Do you do beta readings of individual chapters?

message 5: by Constantine (new)

Constantine Mp | 9 comments Christelle wrote: "Hi there, I have a YA fantasy fiction I’m hoping to get some feedback on!

Here is the blurb, if you are interested please let me know :)

Magic and Power... Dragons. These are the things of books..."

Send me a sample of your work here: constantineleonmp@gmail.com

message 6: by Constantine (new)

Constantine Mp | 9 comments Hailey wrote: "Hi there! Do you do beta readings of individual chapters?"

Yes, I am afraid that's the only way to see if I can commit to an ms or not. Here's my email if you want to ask me anything else:
constantineleonmp@gmail.com

message 7: by Constantine (new)

Constantine Mp | 9 comments Shaynn wrote: "Hello Constantine,

Would you possibly be interested in beta reading my novel 'A Bird with Gold-Mended Wings'? It's a 150k sci-fi/slice of life.

Here is my plot blurb:

Catherine had thought gett..."

Hey there! Send me a sample of your work here: constantineleonmp@gmail.com

message 8: by Shaynn (new)

Shaynn Haugen | 8 comments Constantine wrote: "Shaynn wrote: "Hello Constantine,

Here is my plot blurb:

Catherine h..."

Awesome! Thank you very much. :D I'll be sending an email shortly.