Tudor History Lovers discussion

Public Service Message: Email Addresses May Be Shared

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 1979 comments There seems to be a bug that sometimes (but not consistently) reveals your email address when you send a friend request, even when you have set your account not to do that in "settings."

There's a thread on the subject in GR Feedback, here: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/... .

message 2: by Skye (new)

Skye | 484 comments Whenever I get a 'friend's request,' their e-mail shows up.

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 1979 comments Yeah, that's a symptom of the problem.

message 4: by Alyson (new)

Alyson Stone (alysonserenastone) | 36 comments I know I've been getting a lot more spam and I wonder if it's not from this.

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 1979 comments I think it's possible.

message 6: by Renee (new)

Renee | 2 comments Hi, I'm new to GR. How do you distinguish spam from legitimate friend requests? Thanks.

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 1979 comments Have you checked out the group GR Feedback? (It's on the right sidebar if you go to the Groups page under "Community" at the top of the page.) That's probably the best place to ask that.

message 8: by Renee (new)

Renee | 2 comments Susanna - Censored by GoodReads wrote: "Have you checked out the group GR Feedback? (It's on the right sidebar if you go to the Groups page under "Community" at the top of the page.) That's probably the best place to ask that."

O.K. Thank you!! :)

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 1979 comments No problem.

message 10: by Alyson (new)

Alyson Stone (alysonserenastone) | 36 comments It's still happening on friend requests that I get. I would have thought by now that this would have been fixed.

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 1979 comments I would definitely report that at GR Feedback!