The Fandom discussion

chat room! > Favourite Book Of 2018!

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kayla (last edited Jun 16, 2018 05:11AM) (new)

Kayla (kaylainbookland) | 120 comments Mod
So what's your favrouite books of 2018?
(It doesn't need to be a release of 2018, just a book you picked up and loved in 2018)

message 2: by Kayla (new)

Some of mine are..

The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air, #1) by Holly Black
So The Cruel Prince was my first read of the year and I absolutely loved it! There was no denying that I wanted to read it over and over again.

Daughter of the Burning City by Amanda Foody
I found this novel so whimsical and I really just loved my time reading this! I love carnivals and circuses so I found this such a great read.

Warcross (Warcross, #1) by Marie Lu
This was just fantastic! I loved the world and the characters and just everything about this book made me love it even more.

The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
So I had to read this for class and I was like I'm not going to enjoy this, a book assigned to me to write an essay on... no thanks but I absolutely loved this book so much. I never appreciated it fully until the end but when I closed the book, I was so in love.

Stolen A Letter to My Captor by Lucy Christopher
This novel was very unique for me and a whole new read experience and to say I loved it would be an understatement.

Zenith (The Androma Saga, #1) by Sasha Alsberg
Okay, so a lot of people disliked this book and yes I can admit, it wasn't the best of writing but it was still fun and entertaining.

To Kill a Kingdom by Alexandra Christo
So I read this because of the hype and I was totally not dissapointed because it was fantastic.

Hunting Prince Dracula (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #2) by Kerri Maniscalco
I live for Audrey Rose and Thomas' adventures.. I need the next book asap.

The Afterlife of Holly Chase by Cynthia Hand
Just because this was a Christmas book and I read it in march didn't make me love it any less.... it was soooo good.

The Star-Touched Queen (The Star-Touched Queen, #1) by Roshani Chokshi
This was such a beautiful book and I really liked it.

Restore Me (Shatter Me, #4) by Tahereh Mafi
I couldn't make this list without mentioning... the start of a new series which is a continuation of my favrouite series.

Everless (Everless, #1) by Sara Holland
I wasn't expecting to love this book so much! But can I tell you it was very good.

Ace of Shades (The Shadow Game, #1) by Amanda Foody
Do I have to explain why I loved this book? No because you should love it and if you don't why???

A Court of Frost and Starlight (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #3.1) by Sarah J. Maas
Very different opinion but I really liked this book. I like more character driven stories so like I love this.

War Storm (Red Queen, #4) by Victoria Aveyard
Apart from one character death this was perfect.

From Twinkle, with Love by Sandhya Menon
This was the cute fluffy contemporary that I wanted.

Brightly Burning by Alexa Donne
Everyone should just read this! Jane Eyre in space, if that doesn't intrigue you then I don't know what will.

Listen to Your Heart by Kasie West
I thought this book was very Kasie West adorable and I loved it.

Legendary (Caraval, #2) by Stephanie Garber
This sequel rocked! I love the world and game of Caraval so much.

99 Days by Katie Cotugno
This was my guilty pleasure of the year!

An Ember in the Ashes (An Ember in the Ashes, #1) by Sabaa Tahir
I finally picked up this series and I loved it.

Just Don't Mention It (The DIMILY Series) by Estelle Maskame
I love the DIMILY series and this was not a dissapointment.

⭐Anny⭐ (Book Princess) (annithebookprincess) The Illuminae Files trilogy. I re-read the first 2 books and then read Obsidio, and they were all equally amazing!!

The Avalon duology, a YA sci-fi duology that I totally didn't expect to enjoy that much!

Nevernight took me a while to get into, but turned out amazing and is probably my favorite fantasy book of 2018 so far.

message 4: by Kayla (new)

⭐Anni⭐ wrote: "The Illuminae Files trilogy. I re-read the first 2 books and then read Obsidio, and they were all equally amazing!!

The Avalon duology, a YA sci-fi duology that I totally didn't expect to enjoy th..."

I really like the illuminae files, I haven't read The Avalon Duology, is it worth a read?

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

So far my favorite books for 2018 have been
Slash by Slash

Underwater by Marisa Reichardt

Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson

The 57 Bus A True Story of Two Teenagers and the Crime That Changed Their Lives by Dashka Slater

Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe (Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe, #1) by Benjamin Alire Sáenz

⭐Anny⭐ (Book Princess) (annithebookprincess) @Kayla it is in my opinion; it's a pretty fast paced sci-fi novel about a group of teens on a space ship going on a mission for a crime lord and discovering the whole truth about their world. It has rather high ratings too.

message 7: by Kayla (new)

⭐Anni⭐ wrote: "@Kayla it is in my opinion; it's a pretty fast paced sci-fi novel about a group of teens on a space ship going on a mission for a crime lord and discovering the whole truth about their world. It ha..."

I'll definitely check it out! 😊

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Another favorite for 2018:

Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes

message 9: by Althea ☾ (new)

Althea ☾ (themoonwholistens) so far I’m still hardcore into the Mistborn series! Can’t stop recommending it to fantasy readers hehe

message 10: by Kayla (new)

~ Althea ~ ☾ wrote: "so far I’m still hardcore into the Mistborn series! Can’t stop recommending it to fantasy readers hehe"

I've always meant to read the series!

⭐Anny⭐ (Book Princess) (annithebookprincess) @Althea That's been on my tbr for ages. I've heard nothing but great things about it!