Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Children of Blood and Bone (Legacy of Orïsha, #1)
This topic is about Children of Blood and Bone
Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > Adeyemi - Children of Blood and Bone [June 17, 2018]

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4552 comments I really want to join in with this one since I got it for my birthday recently and it looks fantastic but I've been absolutely terrible with sticking to BRs this year and I've got a few books on the go still so I'm going to have to pass. Hopefully I can get to it in the next few months, I hope everyone enjoys!

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7857 comments Charlie, I'm the same! Really want to read this but can't do it now. We could buddy read it at a later date when we both have more time?

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4552 comments Siobhan wrote: "Charlie, I'm the same! Really want to read this but can't do it now. We could buddy read it at a later date when we both have more time?" Yes! We can set up a schedule again :)

message 5: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 1 star

Scott  Hitchcock (lostinthewarrenofchaos) | 8082 comments Mod
Through 6

(view spoiler)

message 6: by E.R.Marion (new) - added it

E.R.Marion | 6 comments So was the read happening in August? Was that the plan?

message 7: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 1 star

E.R.Marion wrote: "So was the read happening in August? Was that the plan?"

Two different reads. One now and one in August.

message 8: by E.R.Marion (new) - added it

E.R.Marion | 6 comments Scott wrote: "E.R.Marion wrote: "So was the read happening in August? Was that the plan?"

Two different reads. One now and one in August."

oh ok great, august it is :)

message 9: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 1 star

I've finished. This was awful IMO. Her writing style was telling never showing. Very disappointing.

message 10: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new)

Niki Hawkes - The Obsessive Bookseller | 7557 comments Mod
I'm surprise to hear that - the publishers are pushing this like the next greatest thing. Thanks for taking one for the team. :)

message 11: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 1 star

Niki Hawkes wrote: "I'm surprise to hear that - the publishers are pushing this like the next greatest thing. Thanks for taking one for the team. :)"

It seems like nearly everybody else love it. I will say one guy Brad who I follow give 99.9% of books a 4 or 5 stars gave this three and I was shocked.

message 12: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new)

Niki Hawkes - The Obsessive Bookseller | 7557 comments Mod
Haha it must have really sucked. I follow a few like that.