What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Young Adult Fantasy. Magical kingdom, everyone has a power linked to an element. Girl has rare power to sense a person's aura & emotions. She's set to marry a powerful family's son & falls in love with another man. Read around 2012-2014. Spoiler ahead.

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anna (new)

Anna | 2 comments i begins in a magical kingdom where everyone has a power linked to an element. the main girl can sense a person aura and emotions and maybe other powers. she has a rare power not seen in years. she is set to marry a powerful families son and falls in love with another man. it end with them traveling to what i think is a war site and she learn her power and finds out she is pregnant. not sure when i read it but could be between 2012 and 2014.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36583 comments Mod
Anna, I added plot details to the topic header. Feel free to update it using the small "edit" link on the desktop website (not the mobile app).

Is this more fantasy than science fiction?

message 3: by Anna (new)

Anna | 2 comments Kris wrote: "Anna, I added plot details to the topic header. Feel free to update it using the small "edit" link on the desktop website (not the mobile app).

Is this more fantasy than science fiction?"

Hi Kris thankyou for that!
i believe yes it is more fantasy than science fiction

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40644 comments Mod
Anna, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 5: by Meghan (new)

Meghan Emery (hrtlss_grl) | 4 comments This sounds sort of similar to The Charmed Sphere by Catherine Asaro. I'd link it but am not sure how to on mobile.
It technically isn't YA, but feels like one when read.

message 6: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36583 comments Mod
Link for Meg's suggestion - The Charmed Sphere by Catherine Asaro

message 7: by Katie (new)

Katie | 5 comments Can you give examples of elements. e.g earth, water, fire or plants, rock, metal?
Also was her marriage to the other man permitted or did they runaway?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Charmed Sphere (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Catherine Asaro (other topics)