The Wandering YA Book Club discussion

Topics of Interest > Love Triangles, Yes or no?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Bowman (kristenbowmanreads) Do you guys like love triangles in book? Better yet, what do you think makes a good love triangle? I usually hate them but sometime i'll come across some that are good!

message 2: by Kimmy (new)

Kimmy | 3 comments I like love triangles and trying to guess whom is going to win the love of the other. I'm not going to lie there have been a few times that I wished books would've gone in a different direction with their love triangles but it makes it fun.

message 3: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Bowman (kristenbowmanreads) I hate them usually! they just bring me frustrations and usually I really ship one of them so the other person just gets in the way of that haha I've encountered a few love triangles that i like though.

message 4: by Kimmy (new)

Kimmy | 3 comments I'm not going to lie there have been times that I'm upset when the wrong person gets chosen in the end (wrong in my opinion only because I liked the other character more lol)

Ellielovesreading  | 3 comments Most of the time I hate them but if they are well written I kinda like it! Just like in the infernal devices, I love Jem, Will and Tessa :)

Lois (thecarrotstories) (thecarrotstories_) | 3 comments I hate love triangles in general. It’s too cheesy and frustrating. But there are definitely some exceptions to it.

Lauren (AWriterCanDream) (awritercandream) | 6 comments It really depends on the way they are written, my favorite love triangle is in The Infernal Devices trilogy by Cassandra Clare. Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) by Cassandra Clare , but typically it feels like the triangle leans heavily to one individual, or turns a bit vicious. I don't like hating good characters, so typically I'm not a huge fan of love triangles. If you haven't read the above mentioned trilogy, it does have one of the better love triangles since they all want each other to get their happy ending.

message 8: by Laura (new)

Laura (justagalwithme) Love triangles really frustrate me, like just pick one and get it over with already! Haha x

message 9: by Holly (new)

Holly (aliasreads) | 4 comments It really depends on how it is written. Their are certain books that do it really well, but then their is the cliche which is really annoying. 😅