Pulp Fiction discussion

General > Slightly off-topic: "Tec"

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Girard (new)

Girard Bowe | 56 comments For the past several years, I've been seeing "tec" as an answer to crossword puzzle clues referencing detectives. In all my reading, I have NEVER read "tec" in a crime novel. Admittedly, I don't read cozies, or many of the popular series. So I was curious if those who read in those areas have ever come across this usage. Then we can discuss why the same unusual words or clues show up in different puzzles in the same week!

message 2: by Melki, Femme Fatale (new)

Melki | 881 comments Mod
Girard wrote: "For the past several years, I've been seeing "tec" as an answer to crossword puzzle clues referencing detectives. In all my reading, I have NEVER read "tec" in a crime novel. Admittedly, I don't re..."

Sorry, Girard - I just now saw your comment.

I've seen that in puzzle after puzzle, as well. It's listed in every online dictionary I can find, but I have never, NEVER seen it used in fiction.

I get tired of seeing Oreo and Edo in all the puzzles.

message 3: by Patty (new)

Patty | 53 comments Crossword puzzles are slowly adding current pop-culture references; the only purpose of these, that I can see, is to point out I am out-of-touch.

message 4: by Melki, Femme Fatale (new)

Melki | 881 comments Mod
Patty wrote: "Crossword puzzles are slowly adding current pop-culture references; the only purpose of these, that I can see, is to point out I am out-of-touch."

Thank Jebus for Google!