Urban Fantasy discussion

BOOK RECOMMENDATIONS > Lucifer as the bad guy

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Molly7 (new)

Molly7 | 2 comments I'm looking for books that have Lucifer as a character and preferably the bad guy. I recently read Blood and Feathers and fell in love with the tv show Supernatural. And it has left me wanting more.:)Also I usually prefer female protagonists. Though I do read books with male protagonists occasionally if they're good.

If anyone knows a good book like this I would love to hear it.

message 2: by Eva (new)

Eva (vartanance) If you haven't read these already, you should try:
* The DC/Vertigo comic "Lucifer" that Mike Carey did as a spin-off of based on Neil Gaiman's Sandman comics
* Richard Kadrey's Sandman Slim series of books
* Pick up "Falling Angel" by William Hjortsberg, one of the forerunners of urban fantasy that doesn't often get remembered

If you have a hankering for fallen angels, try Danielle Trussoni's series--I believe "Angelology" is the first book. I think you'll get a kick out of it.

Hope this helps :-)

-D

message 3: by Marianne (new)

Marianne The Dante Valentine series by Lilith Saintcrow has Lucifer in it, although he is by no means the main character. However he does appear and reappear all the way to the end.

message 5: by Molly7 (new)

Molly7 | 2 comments Thanks a lot. I'll check those books out.

message 6: by Pagetranquility (last edited Aug 05, 2014 10:18AM) (new)

Pagetranquility | 12 comments I am soon to begin Dirty Streets of Heaven, a Bobby Dollar novel by Tad Williams. This series sounds almost exactly like what you are looking for. Angels, Heaven, and a Hell that you really have to watch out for. Don't know if it will be good, so it's not a recommendation, but it fits your criteria I think.

message 7: by Mary (new)

Mary Catelli | 93 comments The Book of Joby by Mark J. Ferrari. I'm not finished with it so I won't speak to its quality, but it definitely has Lucifer as the bad guy.

message 8: by Mary (new)

Mary Catelli | 93 comments Come to think of it, L. Jagi Lamplighter's Prospero's Daughter Trilogy -- Prospero Lost, Prospero in Hell, and Prospero Regained -- features fallen angels, heavily. In major villany.

Not Lucifer himself, though.

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) Only one I can think of is Dante Valentine

message 10: by Mary (new)

Mary Catelli | 93 comments Operation Chaos by Poul Anderson.

Actually, the main character is not certain it's Lucifer himself. . . but it might be.